Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at Dublin Airport

Options
  • 17-12-2008 2:41pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

anyone know the best way to do this?? I will be based in Ongar and will be away from New Years eve to following Tuesday (7days). Is the cheapest & easiest option to use the airports long term parking??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

angeldaisy wrote: »
    anyone know the best way to do this?? I will be based in Ongar and will be away from New Years eve to following Tuesday (7days). Is the cheapest & easiest option to use the airports long term parking??

Seven days in Quickpark www.quickpark.ie
    would cost you €52.50 assuming you don't go in to the next 24 hours, and you still have to catch the shuttle bus each way, Ongar to the airport isn't a great distance, it might be worth checking a taxi fare..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It's €7 per day if you use DAA Online parking but must give at least 24hrs notice.

Re: 7 days - You will be charged for 6 days (not 7) if you return earlier on Tuesday than you arrived on the previous Wednesday, (e.g. if you arrive in the car park at 8.15am on Wednesday and return to the car park at 8.14am on Tuesday).

Personally, I'd avoid a taxi for that amount. It's not worth the hassle of queing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Queing for taxi's at dublin airport? no such thing,it's the taxi's that que.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

dubtom wrote: »
    Queing for taxi's at dublin airport? no such thing,it's the taxi's that que.
    I take the point but, if several flights arrive at the same time, there can still be queues.

(And then there's having to listen to the driver whinging about how he has just spent 2 hours in the Kesh for a €15 fare and sighing all the way. It's hardly the customer's fault!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I agree wishbone,unfortunatly the system up there is far from perfect,but it is improving, maybe when the new part opens it will improve more.As for taxi drivers complaing I'm afraid the world is stuck with that;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I point-blank refused to use cabs from the rank when I was working up there - always rang them instead the odd time I couldn't get the staff ones. Cranky drivers the lot of them. Living in Malahide didn't help :P

OP, definately park. Save the bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

The Coachmans please

:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

thanks everyone for the help - guess it will be easier to park. At least I know I will get there in time!!!

Advertisement