Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMWs and running costs

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Cyrus wrote: »
    that said id take an e92 335 myself :)
    I think I might even prefer a well-specified E90 (Not an E92) 335iSE auto to an M3.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Anan1 wrote: »
    I think I might even prefer a well-specified E90 (Not an E92) 335iSE auto to an M3.

yep it would definately be the choice of some, a very quick car, as quick as most could want, more comfortable, a lot easier to live with and cheaper to run.

id want the e92 msport coupe naturally, im a bit of a pikey that way :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

id want the e92 msport coupe naturally, im a bit of a pikey that way :P
    Touché. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

ned78 wrote: »
    Not to be rude, but why would they do a deal like that?

Cause they sent me out a letter telling me they want my car as a trade in against another BMW.

Oh and said M3 has been on their books for about 12 months now so nobody seems to want it. But hey, if they can afford to turn down money!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

MarkN wrote: »
    Cause they sent me out a letter telling me they want my car as a trade in against another BMW.

Every garage does that. While it looked like it was a one off letter to you, and you alone, it's a mailshot ... it's called marketing, but it doesn't mean they actually want your car. They send out letters like that to the entire database, and then judge each case on it's own merits. Like if a deal is worth doing or not.

Ideally what a garage wants from a mailshot like that, is to trade in cars that are easily sold again - like a 316, or a 318d, not cars that will spend a year on the forecourt depreciating week after week, month after month, eroding into any semblance of profit.

Just because a customer wants a deal to happen, doesn't mean the Dealership is obliged to do it. A garage has the right to choose what business is profitable, and what isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Surely it would be in the garage's interest to shift stale stock? It can't do the image any good to have this M3 not going anywhere.

Surely it would be in the garage's interest to shift stale stock? It can't do the image any good to have this M3 not going anywhere.

Of course, but for reasons I stated on the previous page, the 335 is less desirable stock than the M3.

Every garage does that. While it looked like it was a one off letter to you, and you alone, it's a mailshot ... it's called marketing

Ned, I'm just slightly aware of what marketing is. I am also just slightly aware of what a generic letter is. I've worked in an environment constantly involved with marketing a lot longer than you've been giving your boss a list of your customers to send out a generic 'come back to us in January' letter.

If Duffys have a problem quoting then I will have no problem asking the MD there why no matter what car I drive, did I receive a letter.

Whatever story you have about your own circumstances and M3s flying out the door, it doesn't seem to be the case in Dublin (Duffy's, Maxwell, Keane's just three I know of) where the same M3s have been sitting and sitting and......and it doesn't look like it's only Dublin to me. I can think of at least another two (one red and one yellow) in BMW dealers outside of Dublin that have been sitting ducks for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

If Duffys have a problem quoting then I will have no problem asking the MD there why no matter what car I drive, did I receive a letter.

...will he care?

Ned, I'm just slightly aware of what marketing is. I am also just slightly aware of what a generic letter is. I've worked in an environment constantly involved with marketing a lot longer than you've been giving your boss a list of your customers to send out a generic 'come back to us in January' letter.

Why do you always have to take things up personally with me Mark? I've never done any wrong to you, but you were the fundamental reason I stopped posting here after you attacked me on the Motors Forum before.

You've mentioned you age before, 26/7 I think? Then no, you haven't been working in an marketing environment for longer than I've been giving my boss anything. And for the record, I'm a bit more up the food chain where I don't need to go ask for permission for things like that.

You asked a question, you got an answer, and because it wasn't the one you wanted, you immediately launch into an attack. Sheesh!
    Whatever story you have about your own circumstances and M3s flying out the door, it doesn't seem to be the case in Dublin

I didn't mention any circumstances of my own. I mentioned a case of a Dealer who has seen M3's selling in droves, but has 2 335's still in stock for over a year. It's a basic fact, an M3 is more popular than a 335.

• Advertisement

Why do you always have to take things up personally with me Mark? I've never done any wrong to you, but you were the fundamental reason I stopped posting here after you attacked me on the Motors Forum before.

Gimme a break with the "poor you" attitude for one minute will you, I merely pointed out that I don't need a lesson in marketing. Just the same as I don't know you personally, you don't know me and you don't know what my position is in the company I work in or when I started here so my age is irrelevant.

If you really want to know what my problem is, it's your condescending attitude such as "it's called marketing" that comes across in the manner you post in. So maybe you should have a look at that, because I'm here as I love cars, not to talk down to people, it's not something I feel I need to do to express a view and no matter what way you try to dress it up, "it's called marketing" comes across as downright arrogant.

There was no right or wrong answer to my question on your part, nor any basis for your "it's not what you want to hear comment", I just think it's a bit naive of you to think M3s are flying out the door when the message on the likes of Carzone is quite different.

Now... back to the cars.

This thread sums up why I rarely read motors anymore.

If you really want to know what my problem is, it's your condescending ...that comes across in the manner you post in.

He who casts the first stone?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

thats it lets keep it going :rolleyes:

thats it lets keep it going :rolleyes:

It is a slow evening. :D

Gimme a break with the "poor you" attitude for one minute will you

Again with the personal attacks ...
    If you really want to know what my problem is, it's your condescending attitude

No idea how you could construe my comments as condescending, it's just text on a page and it's difficult to infer emotion from words on a screen. If you felt it was, then I'm sorry Mark. It was meant as a rhetorical quip, that's all.
    I just think it's a bit naive of you to think M3s are flying out the door when the message on the likes of Carzone is quite different

Naive would imply I have no clue what I'm talking about, which frequently does happen on this forum ( :) ), but in this case it's just not true. I do know which models are more popular, basing it on real world sales data.
    ronoc wrote: »
    This thread sums up why I rarely read motors anymore.

Amen!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,249 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

1060057.jpg

Advertisement