Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom again!

Options
  • 17-12-2008 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭

I've been with Eircom (phone and BB) for about 3 years now. Was checking their website recently and realised i was being ripped off with what i'm paying for. If i opted into one of their bundles i'd save a few bob. Anyway, rang them up asking them about it and to see when i get the add on perks (free wi-fi etc.) and was told they don't apply to me only to newcomers to Eircom. Now firstly it's no way to treat a loyal customer and secondly nowhere on their website does it say this, not that i can see anyway. In fact it shows me the option for buying a bundle with perks included when i log into the site so how could i be a new customer logging into the site? I got the feeling the 2 sales agents i was onto hadn't a clue and were really just guessing. Anyone had any experience with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Generally this is the case with any of the providers. If you really have your heart set on a free router, cancel and then start a new contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Generally this is the case with any of the providers. If you really have your heart set on a free router, cancel and then start a new contract.

Thats what the rep told me.:) Does seem a bit arbitrary though. When i opt into this bundle i'm bound by their T and C including the 12 month contract but i don't get the perks! They should state this clearly on their website too. If not they're the ones in breach of contract.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

With most businesses there are offers to attract new customers thats the way business works and tries to keep the customers rolling in.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Your hardly being ripped off, nobody stopped you from reviewing there prices from time to time and asking eircom to put you on one of the new plans, as fopr routers its normal for new customers to get special offers to attract them....the same normally doesn't aopply to exisiting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

OP, like yourself I've been with eircom for three years for BB.
    I rang up last month to change to one of the packages. The customer service chap looked at my phone and Internet usage and recommended one of the packages.
    I mulled it over and rang back later and switched the package.

There were no issues and it got activated in 48 hours.

As regards the free wifi - you can sign up here.
    I signed up when it came out first. They email you out a username and password and you're set.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I think the guys you spoke to were wrong. You can generally move to a bundle. There might be some start-up special offers that you wouldn't be eligible for.

Advertisement