Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox360 wireless network

Options
  • 17-12-2008 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Having a bit of trouble connecting my xbox to the wireless network at home.

When I scan for the device in network settings it doesn't actually pick up the network, but it does get my neighbours. I have used a friends adapter too and the same problem arises so it can't be the adapter.

So I choose the option of 'entering an unlisted network' and I have the correct SSID and WPA passcode entered but still no luck. (I'm with upc and it's an 8 digit code so I’m guessing that’s not WEP?)

My sister's laptop picks up the network perfectly and it was there first time round when she first turned on the laptop.

I rang xbox and spent about 40minutes talking to a french woman who really had no clue and just told me to turn on and off the modem, plug in and plug out the adaptor and try enter the SSID again and again... :confused:

Can anyone please help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

I had the same problem. I just changed my password from WPA to WEP and the adaptor then picked up my network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Gingface

yeah figured it out last night! so happy when i finally got it :D

Advertisement