Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT (positive) billing experience?

Options
  • 17-12-2008 3:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

I was one of the unhappy customers who had a year of overbilling and credits not being applied, but since i contacted a head honcho at BT and said my health and well being was at risk (yes..i employed that tactic :-) they have sorted things and thus far everything is oke doke :p

Add to which they no longer ask for DD and i just pay through internet banking....so has anyone anything nice to say about BT billing?

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Didn't have a problem during the year I was with them.

May have been a bit slow in returning my deposit I was entitled to after 6 months but I got it :)

Also transferred my account to my old housemate no problems.

So can't say I've anything negative to say.

Lucky I guess?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I was one of the unhappy customers who had a year of overbilling and credits not being applied, but since i contacted a head honcho at BT and said my health and well being was at risk (yes..i employed that tactic :-) they have sorted things and thus far everything is oke doke :p

Add to which they no longer ask for DD and i just pay through internet banking....so has anyone anything nice to say about BT billing?

:)

Why should anyone actually say anything nice about this type of thing (from whatever ISP or company it may be) Is this not the type of thing we should be routinely entitled to?

And besides experience on here shows that with BT it is usally not 'if' but 'when':rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I wouldn't call a year of over billing, and having to contact a senior person to resolve it, a positive experience. Positive would have been you contacting them once, and having the issue resolved, permanently.

My story went on for 8 months, and was only resolved by going directly to the CEO. Even though they did refund my money, and even gave extra, it was not one bit positive. I'd never recommend BT. It's simply not worth the eventual hardship you will have to endure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Never had an issue with my billing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Had major issues with them after I switched my landline from Eircom.
    They even managed to get my line cut off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

I've been with BT since the "No Limits" dial-up days (ah the memories) and I can honestly say that I've never had any billing issues with them. And any time I've had problems with my connection, I've spoken to people who do seem to know what they're doing, the problems have been resolved quickly and I've even had follow-up calls a few days later to make sure everything's ok.

Maybe I've just been incredibly lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

kmurph wrote: »
    I've been with BT since the "No Limits" dial-up days (ah the memories) and I can honestly say that I've never had any billing issues with them. And any time I've had problems with my connection, I've spoken to people who do seem to know what they're doing, the problems have been resolved quickly and I've even had follow-up calls a few days later to make sure everything's ok.

Maybe I've just been incredibly lucky.
    Same here myself, very helpful and always follow-up calls when I had problems too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Was overcharged recently for 2 different broad band options and I rang up to sort it out and my Internet was canceled for some reason. Was so annoyed that they weren't able to fix my Internet for a couple of weeks, that I just switched to Eircom instead. Won't be going any where near BT again.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭brophis

I was charged for connection on my first bill when it was supposed to be free. I rang them up and they refunded it on my next bill. Was happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Their service is brilliant, but I have nothing but problems with the billing.

After I moved they continued to bill me for 18 months, every other month I had to call and tell them I had cancelled their service.

I have since moved to a place where I could get their service, so I got it hooked up again. It took a half dozen phone calls to get my details sorted - they claimed I owed for the 18 months, then they somehow forgot the €118 they owed me from a bill they took out automatically during that period.

After getting setup and going again, they again tried to sneak in another bill from the 18 month period onto my new account, when I called them out on this they again apologised and blamed it on the computer system.

The new issue I have is they hit me with a €200 charge on my last bill - I called them and they tell me they had been sending part of my bill to the government as I was on the dole, so the government was receiving part of my phone bill.

The thing is, I was never signed on - they decided since they couldn't charge me they would charge the Irish government, and they did, but the government after many months rejected the filed claims - now they want me to pay it. Again, this was during the period I didn't even have their services.

Also, when the government picks up your phone bill they charge you for stand alone broadband, meaning you pay the same amount (give or take about a fiver) and the government pays about €25 - which means you really dont save anything. But thats beside the point - I was never signed on, never requested any deferment of payment or anything - and now I am battling them to get the money refunded as they have already taken it out of my account (again) even after I had them remove automatic billing since they improperly billed me for €118 a few months back.

So their service is great, their billing sucks.

Also, anyone know why a private company in another country (UK) has access to records showing who is on the dole or not? They claim I was, I know I wasn't - how would they know anyway? It bothers me to think a company in another country has direct access to private information like this...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

There are so many issues above its incredible but to be honest given that you went back to them after the way they treated you it is very hard to have any sympathy for you whatsoever:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

They offer the fastest speeds for the lowest price and unlimited transfers on their largest package now.

The closest competitor is Eircom, but they charge about 50% more for a slower connection and a 20 gig limit.

I work from home and on any given day my transfers could reach more than 10 gigs, depending on what project I am working on, so having a transfer limit is unacceptable.

It does suck, having to use a company with such a poor billing system, but right now there is no alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

CptSternn wrote: »
    They offer the fastest speeds for the lowest price and unlimited transfers on their largest package now.

The closest competitor is Eircom, but they charge about 50% more for a slower connection and a 20 gig limit.

I work from home and on any given day my transfers could reach more than 10 gigs, depending on what project I am working on, so having a transfer limit is unacceptable.

It does suck, having to use a company with such a poor billing system, but right now there is no alternative.
    Wait till they give you a throttling for excessive usage :pac:

Advertisement