Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best and worst pubs in Cavan?

Options
  • 17-12-2008 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

The whole county, I mean. Not just Cavan town. I haven't drunk in every nook and cranny from Blacklion to Mullagh so I have to admit that my experience is a bit narrow. Anyhoo, my personal favourite is Brady's in Main Street in Cavan town. Very friendly staff, always a good crowd at the weekends but it's never so noisy you can't talk.

The worst one? Hmmmm....., I don't want to get anyone into legal trouble here but there's one that springs to mind; it's one we all know that's not a million miles away from the old Egg Market. It featured at least twice in the Pub Spy column in the Sunday World and was torn to pieces by a reviewer who was nauseated by the place. Maybe it's improved since then. I've never been in it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 thepoolgirl

Hi can anyone recommend a good pub that shows the prem footie and champs league in either belturbet or cavan.
    Moving to that neck of the woods in jan.

thank you:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Gadjodilo

Hmmmm. Good question. The Síbín on the corner of Main Street and Townhall Street seems to show them a lot but there's not much atmosphere there. The place is often near empty on a Saturday afternoon, IMHO.

There's another pub further up Main Street on the right hand side (heading towards the N3/Dublin) that seems fairly lively on a Saturday. You'll always find some merry people loitering in the doorway while various large television screens flicker and roar from within the warm, beery interior. I think it's the Crúiscín Lán but I know I've confused that pub with some nearby ones before.

Folks, correct me on this if I'm wrong...... and suggest some other ones, please.

I’m talking about Cavan town here, by the way. I don’t know Belturbet that well.

thank you for help much appreciated.

Can i ask does it rain alot up that part of Ireland?and is a good place to live.thank you.

I think it's a grand spot to live. The social life is good, there's a good mix of people, crime is lower than most places and you're only about 90 minutes from Dublin. But then I'm from here so I'm biased.

It rains a fair bit. Not as much as Donegal or Sligo but more than the east coast. I suppose in any given week you'd have heavy rain 1-2 days.

• Advertisement

Thats not so bad then,Was in galway for 2 years never stopped raining lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Lizzie Buggies in Ballyconnell is a good spot for live bands and a bit a craic at the weekends, always has a good crowd in and shows the sport too!

Hard to bait the Blackhorse in Cavan, as long as you get in early on a saturday night you'll get a seat and theres a good crowd there!

Hi can anyone recommend a good pub that shows the prem footie and champs league in either belturbet or cavan.
    Moving to that neck of the woods in jan.

thank you:D

See this thread here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055234463

It's got loads of info.

Advertisement