Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last minute ticket costs

Options
  • 17-12-2008 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭

I wonder if anyone can help me.

I will be in the UK in January for a week but may need to fly home at VERY short notice.

Does anyone know of a site where I can compare last minute ticket costs? I am talking of a situation where I will arrive at an airport and need to buy a ticket there and then.

Also, has anyone done this and do you have a rough idea of the cost?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

there is no straight forward calculation. I bought a last minute ticket tast week and paid €200, but i have also paid much more than that before.

if you are flying from london, then you will have more choices, but you will still only have to ring two or three companies to get a comparison from.

From what I have seen over the Christmas period though, you may struggle to even find a flight, let alone get a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Its still cheaper to book it online before you go to the airport rather than buying off the airline ticket desk in the airport.

Advertisement