Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying fish in Dublin to eat raw

• 17-12-2008 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

I used to always make sushi/sashimi when living in korea as I could buy the fish completely fresh from big tanks at the market. I'm hoping to start making it again here but am dubious about the freshness of fish in dublin.
    So basically does anyone have any advice on where to buy the freshest fish in the city? I know I could probably head out to howth or something right? but ive no car and am hoping to find somewhere closer to the city centre. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

kish fish, bow street D7, see what you can find and if it comply with you 'freshness' criteria :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

i find fish in dublin extremely expensive apart from in howth. it's only half an hour to be fair on the dart, and you can make a morning of it, have a nice lunch there and buy a ton of lovely fresh fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭krugerrand

kish fish, bow street D7, see what you can find and if it comply with you 'freshness' criteria :-)

I agree. Kish Fish on Bow Street has very fresh fish. The tuna is very very fresh there. OP: It's might be more expensive than in Howth, but you'll save on the Dart ticket and travelling time.

Molloy's on Lower Baggot Street is good for fresh Tuna too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

How much would you expect to pay for tuna per kg? I;m getting stung for about €32 at present! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

and, it has to be said, the Tuna comes from the Indian Ocean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

and, it has to be said, the Tuna comes from the Indian Ocean

That's because it is not tuna season here.
    The Albacore usually show up sometime in August and start appearing in the shops probably a few weeks beforehand.

Advertisement