Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damage to flatmates Property

Options
  • 17-12-2008 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi Im looking for advice and would appreciate any help,I have a flatmate who is moving out in three weeks time as she is going back to her own Country,the problem is she borrowed some DVDs for viewing from my collection that I have,recently I did a spot check and was missing about thirty DVDs,some double disc worth in total about 400euro, I confronted her about them,as I know she was the only one who watched them,she gave back a few that were totaly scratched and damaged and unplayable,I know that recently she has posted back boxes of her belongings to her Country and have a funny feeling the rest of the missing dvds were in those boxes,I asked her to replace or pay for all missing and damaged dvds but she refusing and says its not her problem,(she is also running down her deposit with the landlord)so can I report her to police for theft and damages to my property(dvds)or do I have any leg to stand on as she is leaving in three weeks?? Would Appreciate any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

You could report it to the police but I guess it might be more hassle than it is worth as she will have left. What a nasty cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

Not condoning theft...
    But an eye for an eye springs to mind.
    If she being a prized cow about it, you be a prized ass and play tit for tat.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Damoedge

think should i take her passport??

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Damoedge wrote: »
    No. If she's a b|tch, she'll goto the police, and you won't have a leg to stand on in regards to the missing the DVDs. Report the missing DVDs as theft the police.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Anyone who encourages that kind of behaviour will probably face a ban from here.

So eh, don't be doing that now. ;););)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Absolutely not, whatever other issues you have with her, that would get you in a serious amount of trouble:- totally not worth it!

So what can i do then?? i cant just let her get away with it?? especialy when she is so smug about the whole thing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

So what can i do then?? i cant just let her get away with it?? especialy when she is so smug about the whole thing....
    Report it to the guards, for what its worth, which isnt much. Unless you have some sort of proof that she robbed them, you don't have a lot of comeback. One thing I definetely wouldn't do is scrub her toothbrush down the crack of me arse.

Report it to the guards, for what its worth, which isnt much. Unless you have some sort of proof that she robbed them, you don't have a lot of comeback. One thing I definetely wouldn't do is scrub her toothbrush down the crack of me arse.

LOL....

its not gona get them back tho....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

If she has anything in the fridge like beer, I definitely would not empty it, pee in the bottle and recap it either. :D

Personally I would advise on revenge as legal routes don't seem to work in this country for what they consider minor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

LOL....

Not much is at this stage, sadly. You may as well chalk it up to experience. And while I would strongly advise against doing any such thing, it would also be an experience for her to find a log under her pillow when she goes to sleep one of the nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Not much is at this stage, sadly. You may as well chalk it up to experience. And while I would strongly advise against doing any such thing, it would also be an experience for her to find a log under her pillow when she goes to sleep one of the nights.
    Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaa

pure genious!
    that gets a full

:D:D:D:D:D out of :D:D:D:D:D

What about locking her out till she pays up....?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Aw, that really sucks. Seriously.

what are the worst things you lost? If I have any overlaps I could send on a burned copy or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Have you said it to your landlord?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ravendude

Have you said it to your landlord?

ehhh, - What would you say if you were the landlord and a tenant called you up complaining that one of their flatmates won't give back some DVDs?

In fairness, the landlord would seriously, seriously need to have a lot of time on his/her hands to get involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Well, from how I read it, the landlord was also having issues with said tenant, and just to make him aware of the situation. If said tenant ever wanted a reference down the road, would jeopardise that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Cpaw

The OP is a troll, please refer to PI for the evidence :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭321654

LOL....

It will give great satisfaction say to her just after she brushed her teeth where the toothbrush was :) .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement