Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ballroom Dancing!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

Oh that would be the craic!! Any takers??:D I'd give it a go anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I actually did ballroom dancing for years from when I was about 8 till when I was 16. I took lessons from Flora Miller for about 5 years and she really is very good. Took lessons off Lia Mullins mother, never off Lia herself though, but a couple of people I know have taken her course and really recommend it.

If you want to be able to get around a floor at weddings and stuff like that I'd suggest Lia Mullins course, if you want to take it further than that and are looking at competing and that kind of thing, Flora Miller would be better suited. Both are good though and tis a good way of keeping fit if you really get into it.

Just thought that might help you out if you're trying to decide between the two courses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Yeah I was sort of leaning towards Flora Miller. Thanks for your thoughts Orestes - are you interested in putting on your dancing shoes again?

Come on folks! If anyone can think of a better way to spend the money they saved from not buying drink, I'm all ears! :P But I do want to give this a shot. How much fun would it be... loads! Karen's up for it! :D

that actually looks pretty fun

not sure i have time though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

I did it earlier this year and am planning to go back after Christmas - gonna get a voucher for my mam as part of her christmas present - but we'll be doing it on the northside!

• Advertisement

Where exactly will you be doing it Cazlou?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

Not sure yet, we used to do it in Raheny but they've added other venues now too so depending when suits really, I can't ask her yet or it'll spoil the present!:pac:

there's other venues all over the city http://www.justdance.ie/venues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Thanks for your thoughts Orestes - are you interested in putting on your dancing shoes again?

Nah, tis a long time past for me I'm afraid, but if you have any questions that you think I might be able to help you out with feel free give me a shout here or by pm and I'll do my best to help out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

Where would it suit you to do it Cancel? Ah come on people. You'll be sorry when we're on Strictly come dancing next year!:P

Karen_* wrote: »
    Where would it suit you to do it Cancel? Ah come on people. You'll be sorry when we're on Strictly come dancing next year!:P

Actually there's one of those 'Just Dance' places very close to where I live in Blackrock, but anywhere in the city centre would be good for me I suppose, and would probably suit everyone else too (in Dublin at least!)

• Advertisement

There seem to be 3 locations where the Flora Miller classes run:

• St. Thomas' Parochial Hall, Fosters Avenue, Stillorgan Road.
    • 54 Parnell Square West, Dublin 1.
    • St. Theresa's Community Hall, Mount Merrion

Flora Miller looks to be the way to go - they have the best selection of dances. We'll have to wait and see what the schedule for the new year is though.

Anyone have any other thoughts?

Advertisement