Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Komplett dispute "We cannot offer refunds as that goes against our policy"

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Towlie wrote: »
    Thats terrible. Email is the same as putting a postcard in the post. I am getting the same crap of them as well but under no circumstances would i give these people bank details when all they have to do is put in an ammount into the credit card machine (if thats how you paid) and hit the refund button. If you have a problem after buying something from Komplett then the way it seems is that they will be as awkward as possible at every turn.
    Komplett don't have a brick and mortar store in Ireland as far as I know; hence any order would be online and there'd be no machine to refund through. Having said that every bank I've dealt with could issue a cheque of required of them for a refund.
    As far as i know anyone can get a refund for something they buy online within 30 days of getting it they just lose the postage cost. Just because you have a policy does not make it right.
    You're wrong on both accounts. First is only for objects which turn out to be greatly different from the picture (for example tickets would not be covered); secondly the dispute is not if they do refunds (they do, I've had one myself) but if a refund should be given after 1 year because the OP is not happy with the solution offered.

To Foggy, that statement would go for 99% of the retails in Ireland. Sadly this case will most likely never make it to court and once again the retailers will rather bend over then risk it and we miss yet another clarification on the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Nody wrote: »
    Komplett don't have a brick and mortar store in Ireland as far as I know; hence any order would be online and there'd be no machine to refund through. Having said that every bank I've dealt with could issue a cheque of required of them for a refund..

What that is BS I have worked for multiple online companies and their accounts departments and have the means and ways of refunding credit cards. Komplett just probably havent gone to the cost of setting up their account handling to its fuel potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Nody wrote: »
    You're wrong on both accounts. First is only for objects which turn out to be greatly different from the picture (for example tickets would not be covered);

No it's not. You're right that tickets wouldn't be covered but not for the reason you stated. Under distance selling legislation you're entitled to a refund without giving a reason within 7 days. One of very few exceptions is services set for a specific date like tickets or a hotel reservation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

OP,

I have never bought from Komplett and after your story, chances are I never will. Well done Komplett!! In your case, waste no time waste no time and refer the matter to the Small Claims. Also use the various forums to promote Komplett's Customer Service (lack of).

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Tester46

slave1 wrote: »
    Have read this thread with interest and without fueling the various legislative comments just want to state that I have ordered various items from Komplett in the past, some required RMA'ing and all very well handled.
    That last comment does not reflect my experience with Komplett.
    OP, go the SCC route and let us know how you get on.

Yeah, but Komplett have to cop on about how they treat customers. As someone above said, accidents happen, but it's how you deal with them afterwards that makes the difference. There are too many horror stories mixed in with all the compliments about Komplett.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Have bought 1000's of euro's worth of stuff from komplett over the years, always had good service and excellent customer care with fast response and resolutions, they've even quickly sorted stuff that was obviously cased by An Post damaging items.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

It is very hard to get a refund for custom built products as they are not severable from the customer since they cannot be resold thus issues with such items are treated as a breach of warranty and not a breach of condition resulting in you not being able to rescind the contract.
    Section 11 (3) Where a contract of sale is not severable, and the buyer has accepted the goods, or part thereof, the breach of any condition to be fulfilled by the seller can only be treated as a breach of warranty, and not as a ground for rejecting the goods and treating the contract as repudiated, unless there be a term of the contract, express or implied, to that effect.

At this stage you should accept for Komplett to replace/repair the broken parts to return the computer to the original state. I very much doubt you had any other term in your contract that allows you to override the sale of goods and supply of services act 1980.

They seemed very helpful (although very slow) in that they reimaged your harddrive when they could have just replaced it with a fresh install and nothing else resulting in you losing any data on the old harddrive. It could very well take 3 days to make an image of a faulty harddrive.

Just be glad they didn't refuse to even fix it and point you towards An Post (which they could have easily done). The sooner you send the pc back the sooner you will get it back fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

1498s39.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Towlie

foggy_lad wrote: »
    irish customers have rights and stating that you do not offer refunds for whatever reason contravenes those rights. obviously Komplett need to go back to school for some basic consumer issues training

Thats right foggy and i wrote to the consumer agency about having to give bank details to get a refund for postage and this is the reply i got.
    The reasons given by the business regarding their failure to provide redress does not affect your entitlements as a consumer. You can pursue the matter further as detailed in the 'How to Complain' section of our website.

Advertisement