Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding out who owns a site/patch of land

Options
  • 17-12-2008 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭

Is there any way online I could find out who owns a certain patch of land - unfortunately, I don't know the folio number.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

As far as I know, the online search facility is basically only for practitioners and frequent users. The land might not be registered land.

Easiest thing is to use one of the search firms. I used http://www.dlslegal.ie/index.php last time. This will cost you, about 60-120 euros. You will need to indicate the plot on a map.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

You can go into the land registry and check yourself, you pick out the plot on the map if it's registered. cost is about EUR0.25
    you'ld need to ring them as various offices have the maps for various parts of the country. North County Dublin maps are in the building above the kilkenny shop on Nassau St Dublin2.

Advertisement