Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A nice place to get a tattoo..?? Advice please!

• 17-12-2008 6:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭

Okay, having browsed some of the threads in here, it seems as though this may be the place to ask. I have one tattoo..the outline of a heart in black on my hip..its very small, very sweet and I love it. So, now im thinking about getting a second one, and I'm fairly sure I want to get a single word written in the greek alphabet.If you're not familiar with the fonts of this alphabet, google it, they are simply beautiful. I want it to be small in size and in black but i have one dilemma, where to put it? I feel as though the wrist thing has been done to death, in particular with writing and is becoming pretty common round my neck of the woods. I also want somewhere that can easily be hidden, so not on my hand or anything. I hate my feet, so I don't feel like drawing attention to them. Can anyone reccomend somewhere nice?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

I'd go for the ribs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭lottodrink

Amber 123 wrote: »
    Okay, having browsed some of the threads in here, it seems as though this may be the place to ask. I have one tattoo..the outline of a heart in black on my hip..its very small, very sweet and I love it. So, now im thinking about getting a second one, and I'm fairly sure I want to get a single word written in the greek alphabet.If you're not familiar with the fonts of this alphabet, google it, they are simply beautiful. I want it to be small in size and in black but i have one dilemma, where to put it? I feel as though the wrist thing has been done to death, in particular with writing and is becoming pretty common round my neck of the woods. I also want somewhere that can easily be hidden, so not on my hand or anything. I hate my feet, so I don't feel like drawing attention to them. Can anyone reccomend somewhere nice?
    Thanks in advance.

Wrist Tattoos are horrible on women anyway! Eh would you not get it on your stomach? Would be nice depending on the size:cool: Your best bet though is to ask the tattooist where would be the best place to get it. He/She can just trace it onto different parts of your body anyway and you can just decide where you like best...

What is the word you want to get??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭Amber 123

I like the idea of my tummy..I'm not very big at all..I guess average would be a good word to describe me!.:rolleyes: Perhaps something on the very bottom of my tummy, just at my waistline? I was thinking of one of the following (I've included the greek translations to give an idea of what the actual text would look like).Believe is probably my favourite of all three, both in meaning and how the word appears aesthetically in greek.

believe - πιστεύω

ambition - Φιλοδοξία

love - αγάπη

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭lottodrink

Amber 123 wrote: »
    I like the idea of my tummy..I'm not very big at all..I guess average would be a good word to describe me!.:rolleyes: Perhaps something on the very bottom of my tummy, just at my waistline? I was thinking of one of the following (I've included the greek translations to give an idea of what the actual text would look like).Believe is probably my favourite of all three, both in meaning and how the word appears aesthetically in greek.

believe - πιστεύω

ambition - Φιλοδοξία

love - αγάπη

Yeah either on the left or right side of your tummy, the middle would just look stupid:p I like that believe one to, obviously it would look better seeing it in bold letters:) where exactly did you get the greek lettering from?? Make sure you think long n hard bout getting it cause its there for life. Iv 5 tattoos and thought for months before I got each one, dont regret any of them;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Don't get it on your stomach,

I'm guessing your a female and if you ever get pregnant, it will stretch something rotten.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

In between your shoulder blades, ie just under the back of your neck - easily hidden, u can show it off when you want to and a bit of room too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Diceicle wrote: »
    I'd go for the ribs.
    I concur. Or just below them if you think it'l hurt too much on your actual ribs.

Advertisement