Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most embarresing thing...

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Nuggles wrote: »
    Hey níl tada níos measa ná droch ghaeilge.

Saibhreas teanga agus a sin.

And what's this one man business?

Sexist bastard.

Tá brón orm, cheap mé gurb fhear a bhí anseo :)
    Faraor, tá an-chuid níos measa ná droch Gheailge :(

Aaaanyway, I went to primary school with the son of my 5/6th class teacher. Whenever the teacher didn't respond to "Sir" he said "Dad" instead! I used to think that was a bit sad :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Ciúnas bothar caílin bainne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Lol @ arguing over correct Irish for masturbation, I've seen both used in "book Irish" and never heard either used in real life ... and I have some native speaking cousins who aren't liars (as in "90% of ... the other 10% lie") :D

Yiz need to argue about it less, and do it more! :pac:

And speaking of which and embarrassing stories ...

... I'm not going to tell you lot those ones, FO! :P :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

A girl In The year below me sent a video of herself..er,fingering herself to a lad and he sent around the school....needless to say the principal found out,she admitted it,and her parents were called in....twas her own fault tho!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

A girl In The year below me sent a video of herself..er,fingering herself to a lad and he sent around the school....needless to say the principal found out,she admitted it,and her parents were called in....twas her own fault tho!!:rolleyes:
    O man that would be ****ing embaresing..HA HA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

Yes,that really would be embarrassing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Nuggles wrote: »
    I can't say what I do exactly, but this can stuff comes into it. So officially, as in a press statement by a government agency glacaireacht would be used.
    Isn't it obvious that féintruailliú is out of date? I mean look at what it suggests, don't think it would be considered correct to use nowadays in this much less Catholic country. Do you know they've changed words like bangharda,and banaltra so that they're PC now? And I'm pretty sure De bhalraithe hasn't updated that as of yet.

In the gaeilscoils?Are we forgetting the auld gaeltachtaí?

I'm fairly confident about being able to say native Irish speakers wouldn't used féintruailliú, seeing as I am one,and at this moment in my life speak Irish around 90% of the time, and to be honest have most of my life and having worked with people from all the different Gaeltachtaí at some point.
    This discussion is more gealtacht than Gaeltacht tbh.

Shut up about irish. Make a thread about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    This discussion is more gealtacht than Gaeltacht tbh.

ouch...........

Still, silly words give Irish its character

Serious?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

*adele* wrote: »
    Serious?

No of course not.........

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I stalled the car at traffic lights today. That was a little bit embarrassing...

Learning to drive is fun! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

An File wrote: »
    I stalled the car at traffic lights today. That was a little bit embarrassing...

Learning to drive is fun! :D

Not as bad as f*cking up the hill start when driving home from school and rolling back into a wall :pac:
    Everyone thought I had reversed into it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

ah memories of stalling my car...
    i have my full license and bought a new car about a month ago... i think i've stalled more in the last month with the new car than the whole other like 8 months i was learning to drive...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Slightly off topic but our German teacher (who is German) was once having a huge shouting fit at one of the students. It went a little something like this:

Him: 'But miss, I forgot my book today.'
    Her: 'YOOOUUU WHATTT? O MY GOD YOU ARE SO IMMATURE, EH? HOW DARE YOU? YOU NEED ME TO BRING IN YOUR BOOK FOR ME, YOU NEED YOUR MOTHER TO BRING IN YOUR BOOK FOR YOU *breath*'
    Him: 'but...'
    Her: 'YOU NEED YOUR MOTHER TO DO EVERYTHING DO YOU? YOU NEED YOU MOTHER TO DRESS YOU? YOU NEED YOUR MOTHER TO IRON YOUR SHOES!!??!?!'

Of course, everyone burst out laughing and the point was totally lost. To this day people ask him if he needs his shoes ironed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Today i was at my friends nieces 1st birthday party and was trying to eat a bit more cake then i could and ended up choking on it till my friend whacked me on the back.
    then her aunty and uncle started laughing at me and slagging me(all good natured though) when my friend turns and goes " you do realise shes the one whos kissing ***** dont ya?lovely match dont ya think?"

***** is their son hence me going glowing red till they left.

smoooth!

Slightly off topic but our German teacher (who is German) was once having a huge shouting fit at one of the students. It went a little something like this:

Her: 'YOOOUUU WHATTT? O MY GOD YOU ARE SO IMMATURE, EH? HOW DARE YOU? YOU NEED ME TO BRING IN YOUR BOOK FOR ME, YOU NEED YOUR MOTHER TO BRING IN YOUR BOOK FOR YOU *breath*'
    Her: 'YOU NEED YOUR MOTHER TO DO EVERYTHING DO YOU? YOU NEED YOU MOTHER TO DRESS YOU? YOU NEED YOUR MOTHER TO IRON YOUR SHOES!!??!?!'

Of course, everyone burst out laughing and the point was totally lost. To this day people ask him if he needs his shoes ironed.

Can't stop lafin at dat

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

Went to sit down in French class one day, only to find my 'friend' had pulled the chair out from under me.

My French teacher also tripped over a wire in her first year class. She was really shocked, so she just lay on the floor. There was one girl in the corner goin 'Oh Jesus, Oh Christ, Oh Jesus!' and a couple of other shocked 12 year olds. When she got up, one boy turned to her practically in tears and said "Miss, I thought you were dead!". She told us the story in the next class, we were in hysterics!

I've also done the whole calling a teacher Mammy thing. Even though he was a man. With a moustache.

Couple of other stories that aren't really...suitable for the internet :P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

I farted spectacularly in Irish grinds last night.

Me and 3 girls in the class.

Tháining sé aniar aduaigh orm. Dáríriously, out of nowhere. The weirdest thing. Not a hint of a warning.

Also, I'm new to the class (well, second week) and all the others know each other since September.

Also, when it happened, I kind of looked up in shock and caught the eye of one of the girls (we sit in an L-shape). I widened my eyes in an attempt at an "OHMYGOD MORTO" expression but she just stared slightly guardedly back at me. This lasted awkwardly for about 5 seconds. So basically I broke wind loudly and proceeded to stare the poor girl out of it, creepily. Everyone else pretended not to have heard anything.

Driving home afterwards I laughed at myself for about 3 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

cautioner wrote: »
    Dáríriously
    <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

cautioner wrote: »
    I farted spectacularly in Irish grinds last night.

Me and 3 girls in the class.

Tháining sé aniar aduaigh orm. Dáríriously, out of nowhere. The weirdest thing. Not a hint of a warning.

Also, I'm new to the class (well, second week) and all the others know each other since September.

Also, when it happened, I kind of looked up in shock and caught the eye of one of the girls (we sit in an L-shape). I widened my eyes in an attempt at an "OHMYGOD MORTO" expression but she just stared slightly guardedly back at me. This lasted awkwardly for about 5 seconds. So basically I broke wind loudly and proceeded to stare the poor girl out of it, creepily. Everyone else pretended not to have heard anything.

Driving home afterwards I laughed at myself for about 3 minutes.
    Lmao...i hate people who think flatulence isnt funny when clearly it is!!
    as proven above...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

Legend!

In history, must have been ages ago, we were doing The Age of Exploration. And the teacher tells a guy in my class to read and he starts reading about Magellan (i think?) and about the ships he used. Going fine untill he talks about the Contraception.

Also our Science teacher was drawing a diagram of an experiment we did. He started drawing test-tubes, then put a straight line near the end to indicate the water level, which resembled, well you know...:p

My English teacher asked our class if "Anyone has a special bond with a priest here" Took him a while to catch on:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

My biology teacher was trying to draw a molecule of oxygen and so drew a small "o" surrounded by a bigger "O". Two of those beside eachother, took her a while to cop on why the whole class was giggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SmokeyJo84

i....um farted whist getting a brazilian wax once...whilst i had my legs in the air, lady bits exposed for all and sunder and the waxer was particularly near afformentioned lady bits to get a good grip on the wax....

didnt think i could have had any less dignity at that point....but there's always just that lil bit left to lose...

i never did return to that particular salon! :o

RHRN wrote: »
    Legend!

In history, must have been ages ago, we were doing The Age of Exploration. And the teacher tells a guy in my class to read and he starts reading about Magellan (i think?) and about the ships he used. Going fine untill he talks about the Contraception.

Also our Science teacher was drawing a diagram of an experiment we did. He started drawing test-tubes, then put a straight line near the end to indicate the water level, which resembled, well you know...:p

My English teacher asked our class if "Anyone has a special bond with a priest here" Took him a while to catch on:p

Ye are bio teacher has done that a few times and we're a real imature class aswell so it takes us like 10 min to get over it... we still have sex. reproduction to do with a sub who can't control us so that should be fun:p;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 hannah-j

hah im still going thru that EVRY DAY

lets just say i snorted in class once

slapped a teachers ass becus i thought it was my friends ass

hugged a leaving cert in 1st year because i thought it was my cousin from behind

...to name a few:P

hannah-j wrote: »

hugged a leaving cert in 1st year because i thought it was my cousin from behind

Nasty! :D

hannah-j wrote: »
    hah im still going thru that EVRY DAY

lets just say i snorted in class once

...to name a few:P

:eek::oMan that would be so arkward... Did you not get suspended?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

today sitting in english after lunch i felt a bit stuffed so i opened my skirt a bit but then forgot about it.about 10 minutes later the teacher was handing out work shed corrected and of course my skirt slid down flashing my pink hedgehog boxers.

noice!

thing is i was showing my mates them because id only found them and love them so i dont mind my class seeing but the teacher looked so shocked!also proceded to get a lecture on propar uniform...boring

• Advertisement

today sitting in english after lunch i felt a bit stuffed so i opened my skirt a bit but then forgot about it.about 10 minutes later the teacher was handing out work shed corrected and of course my skirt slid down flashing my pink hedgehog boxers.

noice!

thing is i was showing my mates them because id only found them and love them so i dont mind my class seeing but the teacher looked so shocked!also proceded to get a lecture on propar uniform...boring

Pink Hedgehog Boxers:eek:wtf:D:P

Advertisement