Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treating damp under shower tray

Options
  • 17-12-2008 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi,

A house I rent out has a problem with dampness under the shower tray. Water has been leaking underneath the shower tray for some time and the last tenants never noticed it. The new tenants have and say when they have a shower it makes "squishy" noise i.e. there is water under the tray. I want to obviously seal the shower tray but would like to treat the existing damp underneath......I want to lift up the shower tray and put something down or perhaps lime or something like that before I seal it up again....

Any ideas? How can I treat this before I re-seal the shower?

thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gimpotronitus

Note that the shower is a downstairs one.....thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭opelmanta

Will the shower tray be easy to take up? you might have to leave it dry when its up, maybe put a heater or dehumidifier in for a few days then give it a coat of polybond. that should sort it. Dont spare the silicone sealing up the trap this time round!!

Advertisement