Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question!!! (prob to mods)

Options
  • 17-12-2008 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

i dont want to get banned or anything but i was wondering can we post horses for sale on here? or can we get a sticky going if we have horses for sale or loan or wanted??
    thanks!!!

Comments

The admins have decreed that there is to be no selling of live animals on boards.
    I've talked about an exception for us here, but the answer is no.

Horse swaps are ok (unless a passing admin says otherwise) as long as there is no money involved.

If there is a lot of interest in this, I can bring the matter up with them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 thetonkatoy

thanks for letting me know!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

You could try done deal if not allowed here.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/horses

yeah i'm on that, thankin u though!!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

finbarrk wrote: »
    You could try done deal if not allowed here.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/horses
    Just to ask what are the other sites ,papers etc people use when looking for a horse or loan or swap???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭ecaf

I would normally look at the buy and sell also, it's only recently that I have heard of donedeal recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Have a look at the Irish Field; it may be useful

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Tanzanite

the farmers journal also has a horse section :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭bada-bing

i think a sticky is needed for horse shares wanted/required... i just posted a thread looking for a sharer and now find myself trailing through the other threads looking for anyone requesting a share in my area.. a sticky whould simplify things in my opinion and it shouldnt be a problem when its not a sale...

if everyone posts into the sticky with horses they r looking for, then its easy for the people with them for sale to pm them without advertising their horses so i think its a good idea too!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

if everyone posts into the sticky with horses they r looking for, then its easy for the people with them for sale to pm them without advertising their horses so i think its a good idea too!!!

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

i've used www.irishhorsetrader.com when trying to sell the mare

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

www.tails.ie

If you are a riding club member you can put an ad on the AIRC site

Advertisement