Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Solved] Meteor email-to-MMS with Nokia n95 problem

• 17-12-2008 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Nokia n95 8gig (sw version 20.0.016, would rather not update it at the moment if possible although I realise that's one possible way of fixing this). I'm on Meteor prepay.

I can receive MMS from people fine including photos and text.

When I use the Meteor email-to-MMS function (i.e. 0851234567@mms.mymeteor.ie) I have some problems on my phone receiving them.

I sent an email today with just text. The subject field shows up on my phone. The contents of the email do not (there's was only a couple of words). It works fine on my mates Sony Ericsson c905 so I'm leaning toward this being a Nokia n95 8gig issue.

Basically I receive the MMS on my phone. The subject is filled in and it shows who it's from. Then it tells me to look in objects to get the contents or whatever. So I go to options > objects.

In here I've got something called "(empty)" and another called "att1" with a size of 4kB listed and a "?" as the icon. I click this "Unable to open. Object type not supported".

Any ideas lads? Can anyone reproduce this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

You need to make sure you send the message as plain text, otherwise it treats it as rich text and the phone will automatically treat it as that 4kb attachment. all the separate objects in an email I.e. Attached images etc all get treated as separate objects.

Oh, and I think the size limit for mms is about 30kb so any emails bigger than this probably won't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Magic, plain text email .. that does the job nicely. Shocked I didn't think of that! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I never realised this could be done - handy. How about email to txt on other networks?

ablelocks wrote: »
    I never realised this could be done - handy. How about email to txt on other networks?
    Nope, just Meteor.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Random wrote: »
    In here I've got something called "(empty)" and another called "att1" with a size of 4kB listed and a "?" as the icon. I click this "Unable to open. Object type not supported".

Rename the att1 file to att1.html and it will open fine.

• Advertisement

Thanks, that does work too I see now .. but it's very long winded having to save it, go into file manager, rename etc .. . it's another option though if the person hasn't sent it text only format.

Thanks

Advertisement