Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no estate agency opened

• 17-12-2008 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

i am in the process of moving back to ballyhaunis from dublin ,after finally selling my apartment for 230000 ,i was in ballyhaunis today and not 1 estate agent was opened, whats going on ,i am a serious buyer with money to spend no mortgage yet i could not get a viewing its a bit irish or are ballyhaunis agents different

Comments

dennistuam wrote: »
    i am in the process of moving back to ballyhaunis from dublin ,after finally selling my apartment for 230000 ,i was in ballyhaunis today and not 1 estate agent was opened, whats going on ,i am a serious buyer with money to spend no mortgage yet i could not get a viewing its a bit irish or are ballyhaunis agents different

In all fairness, who'd want to live in ballyhaunis?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

Thats unusual! Maybe try Michael Griffin or Richard Finn in Claremorris. They normally have lots of properties all around the area including Ballyhaunis. They'll be open!

Why not just go onto myhome.ie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Go onto www.daft.ie and seach the listings for Mayo - Ballyhaunis. The agents selling the properties will have their name and contact details on the adverts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭dennistuam

thanks for all the help. i got talking to a estate agent in ballyhaunis he told me it is viewing by appointment only now since the downturn it is not ecomical to keep staff ,lights ect a lot if them have other jobs driving taxis or running pubs ect and one in the area has opened a bouncing castle business

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

lol "Free Bouncy Castle hire with every house sold"

I suppose I shouldn't make light of the situation, but I have very little sympathy for all parties involved in the real estate game. They fleeced the country whilst times were good and have helped (along with the banks) to bring it to it's knees.

Advertisement