Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Who is going to pay 1.90 to avoid going through Fermoy

Options
  • 17-12-2008 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

anyone who does so must be in a huge rush, or in trouble with a few lads from Fermoy. the worst about it is they're bringing in a 10c price hike right in the middle of a recession.

i can't fcking believe it, the recession has been going on for quite a while now and people are still putting up the prices. can't wait for the negative inflation to kick in
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

towel401 wrote: »
    can't wait for the negative inflation to kick in

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

homer90 wrote: »
    :confused:

deflation. when the rate of inflation goes below 0. the past few years its been at around 5% so people are used to seeing a 5% increase in everything at the start of January

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

I'd pay a lot of money to avoid going near Fermoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

I use the M8 Fermoy bypass about four times per week and love the road.

I happily pay the toll to experience a safer, quicker drive. I can accept that it's annoying for people if they have to use it every day, but personally, if one only has to use it two or three times per week, I think it's stingy and tight not to pay it.

That said, it's a disaster that more trucks don't use it - though I have noticed an increase in these lately. In addition, I suspect that more traffic will use it when the next section of the M8 opens in June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Budget = VAT increases ;)

Anything that bypasses part of Cork is a bonus in my book and worth paying for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I don't like paying it, but it saves loads of time. I have an account there now which saves 10% anyway. I'd prefer to go to Fermoy though, than that great Sh*thole that is the capital.

Advertisement