Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning unwanted dvd's

Options
  • 17-12-2008 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

Sorry if this doesn't belong here....What's the story if I get a dvd for christmas that I already have,am I able to return it if it's unopened?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

So long as you have the receipt I don't see much of an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

thomasjad wrote: »
    Sorry if this doesn't belong here....What's the story if I get a dvd for christmas that I already have,am I able to return it if it's unopened?

The story is it's completely up to the shop whether or not they want to take it back or not.

Most will let you exchanged them with a receipt though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

thomasjad wrote: »
    Legally? No. In practice? Highly likely but depends on the store in the end as they are under no legal obligation to.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Just try HMV or Zavvi, I worked in HMV for years and we always took stuff back after christmas without reciepts, as long as theyre unopened and are something that would have sold a lot over xmas they wont bat an eyelid, one year we kept count at the tills how many copies of the first series of Killinaskully we took back as unwanted presents, it hit 24 before closing time :) Its funny hearing people come up with a really long winded excuse for returning things, " my um...aunt bought me this but I already got it from .....my mam cos they didnt know what each oter bought....." when we couldnt have cared less

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Nody wrote: »
    Legally? No. In practice? Highly likely but depends on the store in the end as they are under no legal obligation to.

This is your winner. The reciept will help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement