Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird text 'from' Meteor offering free wap and texts?

• 17-12-2008 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

Anyone else get this?

I just got a text seemingly from meteor advising me that another text with new config settings would be along shortly and to make sure and save these new settings to get free wap and mms texts.

Sounds a bit dodge but sure enough seconds later a message came through with "new configuration settings"; Items received *Web *Multimedia messaging.

Naturally enough I ignored it but wondering if anyone else is getting these?

Updated to add (despite discarding the new settings I just got another text from meteor saying "Your phone is now setup to use Meteor services, enoy."

Weirder and weirder....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Ah perhaps, the wording is "you will soon receive free meteor wap & meteor mms settings for your phone. to begin using our services, accept the settings straight away. Meteor"

Slightly cleverly worded alright :)

Weird all the same, they sent the confirmation despite my rejecting the settings and I'm hardly 'beginning' to use their services I've been with meteor years.

Only different thing is I requested the unlock code from them recently for my phone which they duely supplied and I used. Wonder if they're thinking I'm off to another network shortly (I am :D ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Got settings sent yesterday too - think they're sending them after you change the SIM in your phone to a Meteor SIM ?

Advertisement