Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Reproduction of old cars into new Ones?

Options
  • 17-12-2008 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi guys wounder if any of you could help me. I'm doing a project on cars that have been reproduced eg another Mini cooper, Fiat 500 can anybody think of possible reproductions of cars such as this in the future ?Hopefully your knowledge would be of some use. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Slightly OT but I really wish any reproductions would stick as close to the original design as possible. Making a standard, modern , hatchback that is just another part of the range then stickign the name of an old popular car on it is bad form imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,249 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Seat are doing this. It's called the Exeo:

[IMG]http://magazin.autoscout24.de/gallery_fr/items/ga_Sommaire/ga_Seat/ga_Exeo_-_Présentation/001.jpg[/IMG]

It was the old Audi A4. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

Same question but from a different angle asked here...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055413132

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Twingo?
    Renault_Twingo.jpgtwingo_front_side.jpg

Panda
    fiat_panda.jpgFiat-panda-800.jpg

Topolino:
    fiat_topolino.jpg
    Topolino concept.
    fiat_topolino.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Might be slighly off but wasnt the Citroen C3 Pluriel based on the old 2CV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,998 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Both the Twingo and the Panda continued in production in their original form until the new one came on stream; the New Panda is even built in the same factory as the old one was...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The old Opel Kadett E 1984 was the Daewoo Nexia till 1997. I dont know of its fate after that.

250px-Opel_Kadett_E_2_door_DK.jpg
    250px-Daewoo_Nexia_front1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Are we talking about models that have been resurrected, like the Opel GT.

or cars that went out of production as one model, then reappeared under another name?

Fiat 131 -> Lada Riva.

Hillman Hunter -> Khodro Paykan

Land Rover Series III -> Santana.

VW Passat -> VW Santana in China

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭colsers22

VW Scirocco

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

Citroen has a concept called the D5, a modern retro DS. i doubt it will ever see the light of day in these recessionary times.
    http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/28/your-spaceship-has-arrived-the-spiritual-successor-to-the-citro/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

I think the OP's looking for some of these which are in the pipeline - I'm not aware of any other than BMW were supposed to be considering resurrecting the M1.

I know that the ameicans do this quite a bit with the likes of the Challenger, Mustang & Corvette so maybe look into what's happening over there (if anything).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

The ferrari california is a remake of the classic 250california...Cant believe it hasnt already been mentioned

Ferrari-California-2009.jpg

1958_Ferrari_250CaliforniaSpyder2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Didn't we do this thread a month ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

How come no one has said the GT40?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

How come no one has said the GT40?

Because the OP is looking for current model cars that might be such a hit (design classics) that they will be redone again in the future. Op was giving the fiat & the mini as examples that have been done now. He could have included the gt40 there for sure but he appears to be asking for future generation models that might be based on some of todays great designs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

mickdw wrote: »
    Because the OP is looking for current model cars that might be such a hit (design classics) that they will be redone again in the future. Op was giving the fiat & the mini as examples that have been done now. He could have included the gt40 there for sure but he appears to be asking for future generation models that might be based on some of todays great designs.

My bad, didn't read it properly.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I think the OP is looking for more than just a reintroduced name. It would need to be a model recognisable by design as well as name. For this reason, the new scirocco would not qualify but mini & fiat 500 certainly would. I cant think of anything though at this moment which might be redone in future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭cronndiesel

Berty wrote: »
    The old Opel Kadett E 1984 was the Daewoo Nexia till 1997. I dont know of its fate after that.

250px-Opel_Kadett_E_2_door_DK.jpg
    250px-Daewoo_Nexia_front1.jpg

still made as the nexia and nexia2 in the near east also as the cielo in india 75% opel kadett with a GM austrailia 1500 engine
    most old cars still in production in 2nd/3rd world countrys are kept out by emission standards and franchises being sat on to prevent importation- IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭spav

still made as the nexia and nexia2 in the near east also as the cielo in india 75% opel kadett with a GM austrailia 1500 engine
    most old cars still in production in 2nd/3rd world countrys are kept out by emission standards and franchises being sat on to prevent importation- IMO

The Daewoo Lanos was an Opel Kadett / Vauxhall Astra was it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Wasn't the VW Beetle the car that started all of this ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

spav wrote: »
    The Daewoo Lanos was an Opel Kadett / Vauxhall Astra was it not?

The Daewoo Lemans (and Pontiac Lemans), neither of which were ever sold in Ireland, were basically re-badged Kadett's / Astra's:

1992PontiacLemans0404.jpg

1984-1991_opel_kadett_E_LS.jpg

Advertisement