Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miniature Schnauzer breeders Galway

Options
  • 17-12-2008 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

Thinking of getting a Miniature Schnauzer (salt & pepper colour) next year. Im wondering if anyone knows of a breeder around the Galway area (mayo, clare etc ok)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I know of a breeder in Co. Cork if that was any good to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

lol thanks ... i think cork might be a bit too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I wanted a minature schnauzer a couple of years ago and rang the schnauzer club to find out about breeders. Anyway they referred me to a breeder of schnauzers in Dublin, I called and arranged to pick up a puppy from him. Only when I look back now am I so shocked at the conditions, there were about 8 pups and I reckon 14 or 15 dogs altogether in a cage out the back, the pup was bred 'accidentally' from a father and daughter. He was so cute I took him home not thinking of how loud and rough the other dogs seemed at the time and ended up not being able to keep him as he was too rough with our youngest child and sometimes agressive.

Anyway I tell you this as I think you are much better looking in places like this for advice on your breeder as the breeder recommended to me by the club itself was a backyard breeder. If they recommend to you fair enough, but take it lightly and check it out properly rather than buying a pup that will not fit into your family.

I very much regret the situation I was in and now recommend to so many people to go to the likes of friends of ben or dogs in distress or at least a very highly recommended breeder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 cairns

There is a breeder in clare who may have puppies early in the new year. I can give you a contact number if you are interested. The puppies are reared in the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

cairns wrote: »
    There is a breeder in clare who may have puppies early in the new year. I can give you a contact number if you are interested. The puppies are reared in the house.
    Thanks that would be fantastic. PM me the details please. I used to work as a Veterinary Nurse so i will be bringing sthetiscope (heart murmers) and all with me to examine mother and pup. Smelly glove can you tell me if the pups you saw were kennel club registered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

The one I got wasnt but the breeder and schnauzer club both explained 'accidental' breed. It was after realising temperment that made me think was it accidental at all since the larger dogs at the house seemed to behave like that but the breeder put it down to excitement of strangers.

After a while I tried to contact the breeder and let him know how things were going but I received no reply. Didnt seem bothered once the dogswere out of his hands. It is such a pity and if what he was doing was illegal I would have reported it but unfortunately I dont think it is.

I did do a lot of research into schnauzer and I would think that a schnauzer who is bred and reared well would most likely be a lovely lovely pet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 collgal

Anyone bought a mini schnauzer from northern ireland? I have the name of a breeder there (seems v good and has bva checks etc). Hoping to find someone who has dealt with same breeder to put my mind at rest (bad experience previously with Cav King Charles that had to be PTS when 1yr old so very wary of all dogs now). PM me if you've bought up north.

Advertisement