Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

In game banning

• 17-12-2008 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

What's the story with the in-game banning by other players online.
    I was playing team deathmatch on Farcry2 and was doin well and all of a sudden I got a message sayin I'd been banned from the session.

While waiting for matches to load there's always messages asking do you wanna ban this or that person for no apparent reasons.

Is this common on xbox live? I usually use the ps3 for playin online but having problems connecting lately so never came across this before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

a) someone was pissed you were winning.
    b) someone wanted to make room for a friend.
    c) someone was just being a twat.

I know ive done it before on left4dead 2 friends and myself were playing and a third friend wanted to join so I kicked the randomer from our group for him. The randomer sent us all a message simply saying "f*uck u" lol I replied with a voice message saying sorry a friend wanted to join.

You most likely did nothing wrong. Besides winning :pac:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dsignr25

Thanks for the info - still kinda sucks though that you can get dropped from a game on a whim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭steve927

Dude, its nothing personal, its just because your level is low. I play a lot of FC2 online and ppl tried to ban me at the start but it doesnt happen now. Stick with it. Add me on xbl dublinguyie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

What annoys me most about it is when someone has set up a game just for his friends but has the game set to public rather than private.

I'll find out where they live one of these days!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

dazftw wrote: »
    a) someone was pissed you were winning.
    b) someone wanted to make room for a friend.
    c) someone was just being a twat.

I know ive done it before on left4dead 2 friends and myself were playing and a third friend wanted to join so I kicked the randomer from our group for him. The randomer sent us all a message simply saying "f*uck u" lol I replied with a voice message saying sorry a friend wanted to join.

You most likely did nothing wrong. Besides winning :pac:

Basically what your saying is you created a public room and booted people when they join. Tip create a private room and invite your party.

Fair enough if you let the guy know before you boot them. But just booting someone for apparently nothing , you will get fu3k you messages and you'll start to get a bad rep.

I hate getting booted from games. RB6 was one of the worse. Most of the time people get booted just because of their rank in the game. For some reason the "booters" think if your not top ranked then your sh1t at the game which isn't the case. Just means you don't spend your life playing multiplayer.

Thats why all the Gears Clan, hate thee gears 2 multiplayer coz they have no control on who plays who.

Worst of all is the Fifa quitters. Why do people play a game and quit just because they are losing. As if its the end of the world.
    People need to realize that is a game not life or death. To many (mainly yanks) take muliplayer to seriously.

Some games have better communities than others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

ROC1977 wrote: »
    Worst of all is the Fifa quitters. Why do people play a game and quit just because they are losing. As if its the end of the world.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

ROC1977 wrote: »
    Basically what your saying is you created a public room and booted people when they join. Tip create a private room and invite your party.

Fair enough if you let the guy know before you boot them. But just booting someone for apparently nothing , you will get fu3k you messages and you'll start to get a bad rep.

I do public if theres not 4 of us playing so someone can join.. Playing with the bot is terrible at times. My friend came along and asked to join.. I booted the randomer and said sorry.

Another thing I would love is having the option to be able to turn party chat on and off while in games so you can talk to other players... there was no way I could ask him to leave for my friend without leaving the party and rejoining afterwards. Alot of the time though in left4dead the randomers join the party and talk to us while were playing and leave when were finished.

Joystiqs last podcast before the new one said there should be sort of communities intergrated into the xbox like on steam.. so you can have a pool of players who will actaully play properly. I dont know if anyone one here is familiar with steam..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 beefyjohn

Its happened to me as well. i was playing killed another teammate by accident and people voted me out. i know i shouldnt have done it but it was an accident.

what annoyed me about it was previously three other ppl team killed and that went up for vote but they didnt get kicked.

must be favouritism or something.

dazftw wrote: »
    Another thing I would love is having the option to be able to turn party chat on and off while in games so you can talk to other players... there was no way I could ask him to leave for my friend without leaving the party and rejoining afterwards.

If you're in a party you can switch your voice chat between the party channel and the game channel itself by:

a) press the guide button
    b) go down to party, press A
    c) when the party menu pops up press Y (there should be a little red mark beside your mic symbol in the party menu....this is also good to know if some of your party are there or not)

When your finished chatting, just repeat the process to get back in party chat.

Advertisement