Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This New O2 Arena

• 17-12-2008 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Or rather the Point Depot as ill still call it :pac: surely such a "state of the art" venue cant just be for Rock bands, do you think we are likely to have some big dance nites on?As long as it's not Godskitchen or the likes,

ORBITAL PLEASE

;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭NotInventedHere

Tiesto me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Ddisco

Would love ORBITAL to play too - would make my year!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Tiesto me thinks

nooooooo the place would be overun with maddoutofit kids (not that id even remotely entertain the idea of going to see Tiesto)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭pallepille

jonny68 wrote: »
    nooooooo the place would be overun with maddoutofit kids (not that id even remotely entertain the idea of going to see Tiesto)

its gonna happen, id say GK and the like will almost certainly have shows there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭pallepille

by the way i would just like to stress I wouldnt even dream of goin to see that fcukin sell out overrated tossbag

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

a spring party would be great, i remember seeing laurent garnier doing a live set there a few years ago. immense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

I wont go this place on principal,the point was commercial,but this place is unreal,its owned and named after a big greedy ruthless business machine,O2,and to me,thats a f*cking disgrace,apparently if your with O2 for your mobile,you can book tickets before everyone else,go f*ck yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    I wont go this place on principal,the point was commercial,but this place is unreal,its owned and named after a big greedy ruthless business machine,O2,and to me,thats a f*cking disgrace,apparently if your with O2 for your mobile,you can book tickets before everyone else,go f*ck yourself

well said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,931 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The capacity for dance gigs is much reduced due to it being mostly seated now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

The seats can be removed though can't they?

Imagine having seated tickets for the likes of Winterparty!

"Sit down, sit down! You're ruining it for everyone!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

MYOB wrote: »
    The capacity for dance gigs is much reduced due to it being mostly seated now...

that's exactly what I was thinking also, there's only a limited capacity for standing/dancing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    Haha fight that Powah!! Welcome to 2008!

The O2 has the capacity to take out a lot of the seats and it's up to whoever is playing their to decide on the seating arrangements.

68774.gif

68775.gif

Personally I'm holding out for the 2 Unlimited reunion. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,931 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The removable seating area is still smaller than the removable area was in the old Point... they sold seating tickets for Tiesto there before though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

MYOB wrote: »
    The removable seating area is still smaller than the removable area was in the old Point... they sold seating tickets for Tiesto there before though!
    Not according to Wiki.......
    The arena will have a capacity of over 14,500 (standing) or 9,500 (seated)
    The O2 arena contains 9,500 padded seats but capacity can be expanded up to 14,000. Retractable seating may be withdrawn to create space for 8,000 standing in front of the stage, with the remainder seated.
    I think the Point only had a capacity of 7,500 in total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I have yet to be in it though just googled a few images looks ok.

Wouldn´t it be great if the clubbing and good humoured people of our country marched and ****ed whoever it is making our pitiful licensing laws into a lions cage.... Maybe then they will stop the selfishness.

other than that would love a night to see Chris Liebing, primarily and a host of other really good djs there :)

Advertisement