Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT for Imported cars??

Options
  • 17-12-2008 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

When does the new law come into effect about all imported cars irrespective of age have now to be NCT'd. I think it was announced in Finance bill few weeks ago.

I'm importing an Audi A4 2.0Tdi with full leather and few other extras....etc
    Has anyone had any experience with the VRO when trying to VRT a car with a few extras; do VRO always inspect the car.

If the car is still on UK plates you technically cant drive it to them if they request to view it??? Do they then ask for the cars VIN an check with the Manufacturers?? Which would be better thing to do. Has anyone ever driven a car to the VRO on UK plates(anything sad about it??).

When there checking cars for extras do they go thought it with a fine tooth comb or is it just a general look over with a check list in hand??

Thanks in advance for any replies

Pilatus09

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

pilatus09 wrote: »

Has anyone ever driven a car to the VRO on UK plates(anything sad about it??).

How could you drive it there on Irish plates? and why would you drive it there on Irish plates seeing as it would be already registered if it was on Irish plates?

You have till the end of the next working day after importing it to present it at a vro, it's not flatly illegal, they allow you this specifically so you can go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,249 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

When does the new law come into effect about all imported cars irrespective of age have now to be NCT'd. I think it was announced in Finance bill few weeks ago.

Not sure but I don't think it is introduced yet, they are just talking about it at the moment afaik.
    I'm importing an Audi A4 2.0Tdi with full leather and few other extras....etc
    Has anyone had any experience with the VRO when trying to VRT a car with a few extras; do VRO always inspect the car.

If the car is still on UK plates you technically cant drive it to them if they request to view it??? Do they then ask for the cars VIN an check with the Manufacturers?? Which would be better thing to do. Has anyone ever driven a car to the VRO on UK plates(anything sad about it??).

When there checking cars for extras do they go thought it with a fine tooth comb or is it just a general look over with a check list in hand??

With German cars up to 4 years old they can now use the car's VIN to check with the manufacturer to see what factory fitted extras are on the car and calculate the VRT on those extras accordingly.

Not sure if they still do a visual inspection once they get this info from the manufacturer. It should be ok to drive the car to the VRO on UK plates as they may want to inspect the car.

Advertisement