Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midleton Special Reserve 2006 v's 2007

Options
  • 17-12-2008 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭

I bought two Bottle's of Midleton Reserve today in Tesco, at €120 a pop, how could i afford not to :p

Anyway, i opened the box's when i got home, only to discover that they are 2006 bottle's ! :eek:

I'm not disappointed, as i am planning to open one (eventually) and keep the other. But i was curious as to the differences between 2006 and 2007.

(i'm actually thinking of going to another Tesco and checking if they have bottles of 2007)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

Generally, they have been using similar proportions recently, but I'm not sure about 06-07. I think the difference between the 05 and 06, for example, was that the components were just that year older. However, they are short on stock at the moment, so the whiskeys could be getting younger now.

There is a lot of speculation in what I've said, and a bit of hearsay.

Advertisement