Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Gatso Van Queries

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Stekelly wrote: »
    They put all the info on the locations up on the website. :rolleyes:

At this stage, that spot is as famous as the fixed camera at the spa hotel . They've been using it for years.

im so glad that cameras out of action at the moment, but if they put the one from when you come off the templogue/tallaght road onto the m50 back in action im f*cked

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

How about some fixed cameras? Or I guess you have another smart rhetort for that one do you ste?

No, just a sensible one. How many of the other great countries that we all aspire to be like inthe world have cameras on dangerous twisty back roads?

Watch how idiots react to them on big,straight roads and answer honestly if you think that same reaction would make an already dangerous spot safer .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Damien360

Stekelly wrote: »
    No, just a sensible one. How many of the other great countries that we all aspire to be like inthe world have cameras on dangerous twisty back roads?

Watch how idiots react to them on big,straight roads and answer honestly if you think that same reaction would make an already dangerous spot safer .

Agreed. Just look at the one on the M1. I regularly pass it and the amount of cars that slam on when they see the lines on the road for the camera is unbelieveable. Even when they are at or underthe 120Kmph. For years as I approach the camera I am more aware of other cars doing something stupid at that point and stay much further back than normally required.

Imagine the accidents on a twisty stretch of road as everyone does the same.

Advertisement