Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AXA studentfirst insurance

• 17-12-2008 11:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭

Anyone know if the student first offer is any good? Does it work out cheap? I might ring for a quote tomorrow just lines closed at the moment...

Sounds pretty decent...

axa website:
    axa student first website

We give you a 20% No Claims Discount to start off. Drive claim-free and your no claims discount grows every three months and your payments reduce. Your total discount builds to 42% in your first year. So your payments get smaller and your savings get bigger! Plus you can make those payments in easy, interest-free monthly instalments.

Or whats the cheapest company at the moment. Im 21, got full licence last summer, been named driver for a year and i wanna insure a 1995 1.3 toyota starlet...any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

c_k_m wrote: »
    Anyone know if the student first offer is any good? Does it work out cheap? I might ring for a quote tomorrow just lines closed at the moment...

Sounds pretty decent...

Or whats the cheapest company at the moment. Im 21, got full licence last summer, been named driver for a year and i wanna insure a 1995 1.3 toyota starlet...any ideas?

I'm with AXA, I'd assume your quote would be less than €1k.

I was with Quinn but their renewal quote was a joke.

Plus you get a nifty card which gives discounts at certain stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Bakharwaldog

sweet...iv been gettin quotes of just under €2000 with hibernian and quinn..was thinkin id have to get it done as a named driver with my mum but if its around the 1000 mark itd be nice.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭All4shopping

i went to serveralinsurance companies last jan when was startin to drive was offered €3500 roughly went to axastudent first got my insurance for €1100 big difference!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I've had Axa Student First for the last year and found it great. The first couple of things you already know; start building a no claims bonus from the day you get insured and they review your policy every 3 months and reduce it if you haven't made a claim. They also allow you to pay monthly without having to pay interest which is a major plus. There's a couple of minor things too that aren't to do with Student First alone. Stuff like the discount card, and today I received a letter thanking me for being such a good customer and giving me a code to redeem an 'Axa break', which is basically a voucher for cheap hotel stays.

I've never regretted taking the Student Plus account. When I first got insured in January I was paying about €95 a month, now I pay about €50, can't complain about that!

I just noticed the bit about your car. When I got insured I was 20, driving a 95 Corsa with a learners permit. Most companies wouldn't even consider me with a car that old but Axa had no problem. The kicker was when I passed my test my insurance dropped and then I bought a bigger car and it went back up, obviously.

ergonomics wrote: »
    I've had Axa Student First for the last year and found it great. The first couple of things you already know; start building a no claims bonus from the day you get insured and they review your policy every 3 months and reduce it if you haven't made a claim. They also allow you to pay monthly without having to pay interest which is a major plus. There's a couple of minor things too that aren't to do with Student First alone. Stuff like the discount card, and today I received a letter thanking me for being such a good customer and giving me a code to redeem an 'Axa break', which is basically a voucher for cheap hotel stays.

I've never regretted taking the Student Plus account. When I first got insured in January I was paying about €95 a month, now I pay about €50, can't complain about that!

Thats class...can i ask what age you were and what experience you had in january? cos 95euro a month is even decent. They sound pretty fair so..reviewing your policy every three months...

• Advertisement

I was 20, and in terms of insurance I had just under a year's insurance. This is what sold Axa for me - I had a claim on my insurance. I was driving my Mum's car and hit the side off a wall. The whole passenger door had to be replaced. The damage could easily have been repaired by a panel beater without going through insurance and this is what her insurance company recommended. My Mum, who was in the car when it happened, didn't stop me going into the wall as she wanted to teach me a lesson about how expensive cars are, and how much a claim can affect your insurance. Instead she almost made me want to give up driving for good. I'm still fuming about it.

Anyway, I told Axa about this and they felt bad for me and as such gave me a no claims bonus regardless. Even when I provided documentation about the claim they still did not let it affect my insurance. It was really good business.

Cool..im really liking what im hearing. I think ill definately go for them....will ring tho 2ro and see what they offer me.

just have to buy a car first!:D:D Thats definately boosted my budget a bit tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Reading this I am envious :P

I still have 6 months to run on my Quinn Direct policy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

c_k_m wrote: »
    Cool..im really liking what im hearing. I think ill definately go for them....will ring tho 2ro and see what they offer me.

just have to buy a car first!:D:D Thats definately boosted my budget a bit tho!

They may not necessarily be the cheapest. It's quite easy to ring the likes of Hibernian and say "AXA offered me comprehensive on the same car for €1100...better it"

ninty9er wrote: »
    They may not necessarily be the cheapest. It's quite easy to ring the likes of Hibernian and say "AXA offered me comprehensive on the same car for €1100...better it"

That's true but also keep in mind the age of the car he first mentioned. When I was ringing around for quotes Hibernian told me I had to be 23 to be insured on a car over 10 years old. They offered to give me a quote for a newer car but I said I already had my car to which the girl on the phone replied 'Well that was pretty stupid wasn't it?'.

I shopped around for weeks before I went with Axa and they were by far the best. Not perfect though. I have fully comprehensive insurance, but I don't have windscreen cover. That is the only thing I wasn't 100% about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

I went with an Axa broker - when i rang axa first time they wanted like 2200 -bargained them down to 1500 odd without extras

but thru a broker got it down to 1680 fully comp all extras - which for me starting off with a provo license and a 1.4 was excellent

Quinn wanted around 2200 and wouldn't budge - Couldn't bargain them down

Unless your over 25 with a good bit of experience don't bother with Hibernian -they quoted me over 3000 - Tesco and AIB 3600 ( they're agents of hibernian)

the best thing about brokers you can use one quote against the other to try bring it down even more as more then likely they'll be dealing with Axa to begin with - even if thy dont tell you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

just rang and it's only available to 3rd level students.
    why 2nd level students aren't considered student's beats me!
    full licence and all and the cheapest they gave me was €2400, for a 97 seat ibiza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

I was 20, and in terms of insurance I had just under a year's insurance. This is what sold Axa for me - I had a claim on my insurance. I was driving my Mum's car and hit the side off a wall. The whole passenger door had to be replaced. The damage could easily have been repaired by a panel beater without going through insurance and this is what her insurance company recommended. My Mum, who was in the car when it happened, didn't stop me going into the wall as she wanted to teach me a lesson about how expensive cars are, and how much a claim can affect your insurance. Instead she almost made me want to give up driving for good. I'm still fuming about it.

Anyway, I told Axa about this and they felt bad for me and as such gave me a no claims bonus regardless. Even when I provided documentation about the claim they still did not let it affect my insurance. It was really good business.

i'd be shopping for a new mother if I was you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::confused:

That's one hell of a driving lesson!!! :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Try getting asgard through insure.ie Seems their "niche" is young male drivers, and also people who drive trucks. Go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ahmed89

i just got my full licence,and got a qoute for 1650,im 19,is that good enough,or can i get a lower one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭NewApproach

ahmed89 wrote: »
    i just got my full licence,and got a qoute for 1650,im 19,is that good enough,or can i get a lower one

Not bad atall, I just put my details (similar to yours) into QD and they now want €2800, the same policy cost me €2200 seven months ago. Worried now my renewal will be more than the first policy last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

my insurance is due for renewal in 3 weeks last year ipayed quinn 1577 fully comp on a 01 seat leon 1.9 im 22 male full license 2 years ncb,quinn now want 1697 i tried all the various sites but found allianz the cheapest at 1145 fully comp not bad there worth a try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I'm with AXA StudentFirst also, my quote was €2102 on a 1.4 Golf, which isn't too bad considering I'm 19 with no NCB and on a learner permit. Renewal isn't until July or August, I'll probably be looking around for a new motor around then but I'll stick with AXA if I can, no complaints whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Tried Axa Studentfirst myself, but they wouldn't cover me on a 2 litre car - back to quinn!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 polkadott

i work for axa the studentfirst package is really good its for ppl in 3rd level eduaction gives u a 20% discounted price and u can sprea ur premium over 12 months interest free..u can also build up ur no claims bonus every 3 months insted of every year its very popular...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

polkadott wrote: »
    i work for axa the studentfirst package is really good its for ppl in 3rd level eduaction gives u a 20% discounted price and u can sprea ur premium over 12 months interest free..u can also build up ur no claims bonus every 3 months insted of every year its very popular...:)

(Try to avoid text speak, it's frowned upon!)

It is a pretty good service I have to say, the Student package knocked up to €800 off what I was getting quoted elsewhere. I recently got a cheque for €67 from AXA as part of my claim-free quarterly review . A nice touch to remind me to take it easy on the right pedal. Or maybe that's my slow car :pac:

only registerd about 20 minutes ago only learning!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BNBNBN

Does Axa still offer the continuing no claims bonus every 3 months with student plus ?

as far as i know they do...well i still get mine reduced every 3 mnths..i joined them in february last year tho

i work for them...they do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

There's no mention of it on the website - is it still on offer for new applicants?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Wondering the same thing meself, cant find any mention of a studentfirst insurance on their website at the moment though, is it still there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭chillin_penguin

With them myself and yes the offer is still around.

First car no experience 1.4 prov licence 21year old male 01 skoda fabia.........

Allianz......€8000 (i honestly kid ya not girl on the phone could not believe it either)
    One direct...€6500
    Quinn...€2000
    Axa.....€1200

I simply the best one around

• Advertisement
Advertisement