Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor folk can't text me!!

• 17-12-2008 11:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Right, so the other day my friend told me she had a reply written and everything but it wouldn't send, she showed me and the minute you press sent, it would say sending failed, I was getting texts off others no prob and then I got a call off a customer saying he tried to text me but his phone refused to let him, he's Meteor too!

I'm o2 bill pay on the release package, what the hell is going on:confused:

I'll get onto o2 in a minute but if anyone has experienced similar, please share!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've experienced similiar. Contact O2 and log your fault with them. If it's anything like my problem you'll still be in the same position in 6 months .. but heck .. maybe you won't :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Rang o2, they couldn't really help. Sent one of the guys a text from my phone instead of from o2.ie/cabbage, he replied and I got it:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

then it's probably to do with the way o2 numbers show up when sent from webtext if people are only having trouble sending to you when they reply to a text you sent with webtext.

This is a known problem. O2 can't or won't bother doing anything about it.

Not sure what to suggest to you then.

Tried another meteor friend, couldn't reply to webtext, could reply to phone text. That's a bit of a pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭valpuk

I am on meteor (best network ever!) and i have started havin problems like this recently and can i just say here and now if we are experiencing these problems now then we may both say good luck to contacting any1 in the outside world between Dec 24th and Jan 3rd !!!!!

My friend is on O2 and since she got new phone 2 wks ago (could b just coincidence) she is gettin some texts 4 hrs after they've been sent.
    e.g. she was arranged to collect kids from school and at 1 i text her to say i could make it for school run and we both ended up in school yard and the text came through while we were talking.

I actually tried calling her phone and its not even bringing up engaged tone, calling tone or voicemail... just a message saying 'call ended'

Its very strange but nothin surprises me now with phones considering mine was able to charge itself up to an hour after i had unplugged it from the charger....it said it was fully charged when i was half way down the M50 :D:confused:

try turning phone off every night for 5 mins or else every 2nd night and when phone switches back on any mislaid messages should come through immediately when phone attempts reconnection with mobile network. hope this helps a little, if even :o

• Advertisement

Thanks for the input valpuk but I think this is something different altogether, they have been replying fine when I text from my phone, so it must be something in the webtexts that's causing the problem with Meteor. It is just recently though as my friends have always been able to reply before.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭valpuk

No probs....sorry for the long winded essay :eek:

hehe don't worry :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm guessing you have a Sony Ericsson phone?

Correct, what difference would that make? :confused::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

02 web text are sent as 00353 instead of +353 so maybe the phone they are using or the network doesn't like the 00 ask them to send one to +35386yournumber if that work then tell them to try it with the 00 instead of + and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Best to ring during the day and they will more than likely contact tech support in dublin.

Is it a meteor problem or an o2 problem though? I mean every one else has no problem replying so I don't think I could achieve much by ringing o2 customer care again:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

in reality it's an o2 problem because they send the texts as 00353 and they shouldn't. A good few countries can't reply to webtexts because of it

But meteor has always been able to reply so they must have changed something. I'll give them a call later on and see what they say. I'll try to send a webtext from my o2 number to my meteor one and reply to it as well

I wonder would I have much luck ringing up o2 and telling them to change it to +353 instead? :P Would that effect cabbage at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

cormie wrote: »
    I wonder would I have much luck ringing up o2 and telling them to change it to +353 instead? :P Would that effect cabbage at all?

it wouldn't affect cabbage but people have been saying it for years and they haven't done anythign about it. and i think the web text service is provded by a third party so there's the extra level of complexity there

Yeah that's a pity. Strange the way it only happened recently though, my meteor friends had no problems replying before. I might give them a buzz when I'm free later and see what they say.

Is webtexting exclusive to Ireland with Telefonica? I know they don't do it in the UK, but what about the other countries they operate in? I suppose if it's in Ireland, there's a better chance of it being sorted lower down the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    in reality it's an o2 problem because they send the texts as 00353 and they shouldn't. A good few countries can't reply to webtexts because of it

But meteor has always been able to reply so they must have changed something. I'll give them a call later on and see what they say. I'll try to send a webtext from my o2 number to my meteor one and reply to it as well

Not quite true...its up to Meteor to handle both scenarios. A simple call plan change on their side would solve this issue.

Advertisement