Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netstumbler help

Options
  • 17-12-2008 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hola mis amigos :)

I'm trying to get Netstumbler to work here. My setup is the Netgear WGR614v9 router which is connected wirelessly to my computer with a Netgear Wg111v3 USB Adaptor on my PC.

Netstumbler says No Wireless Adaptor found but in the Devices area at the top I can see the Wg111v3 but it's just greyed out and says "Unsupported device"... Is tehre any way around this or any other program that would work?

Merci

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,290 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hola mis amigos :)

I'm trying to get Netstumbler to work here. My setup is the Netgear WGR614v9 router which is connected wirelessly to my computer with a Netgear Wg111v3 USB Adaptor on my PC.

Netstumbler says No Wireless Adaptor found but in the Devices area at the top I can see the Wg111v3 but it's just greyed out and says "Unsupported device"... Is tehre any way around this or any other program that would work?

Merci

That's how Netstumbler behaves when the drivers or card don't have the features it needs. That adapter is a Realtek 8187B based one, so you could try the direct Realtek drivers instead of Netgears.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=1&Level=6&Conn=5&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true

Advertisement