Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Upgrade

• 17-12-2008 11:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭

OK, I am eligible to get a three upgrade. Had a look at other providers, but they couldn't match three on the price plan I was looking for.

Anyway, the problem is my current phone seems to be dying a dramatic death over the last few days and if it keeps getting worse, think I'll be binning it by Friday.

Now I know that I can get an upgrade online. But with xmas and everything, it could be after xmas before I receive it if I get it online (the website even says that I have to order by today to guarantee delivery by xmas). Obviously, having no phone over xmas is the last thing I need!

What I'm wondering is, if I walk into a three shop tomorrow, can I just get the upgrade there and then or would there still be a delay? If I can get it in the shop, do I need to do anything other than to bring in my old phone or will they make me fill out a whole load of forms and bring 10 forms of ID with me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

dotsman wrote: »
    OK, I am eligible to get a three upgrade. Had a look at other providers, but they couldn't match three on the price plan I was looking for.

Anyway, the problem is my current phone seems to be dying a dramatic death over the last few days and if it keeps getting worse, think I'll be binning it by Friday.

Now I know that I can get an upgrade online. But with xmas and everything, it could be after xmas before I receive it if I get it online (the website even says that I have to order by today to guarantee delivery by xmas). Obviously, having no phone over xmas is the last thing I need!

What I'm wondering is, if I walk into a three shop tomorrow, can I just get the upgrade there and then or would there still be a delay? If I can get it in the shop, do I need to do anything other than to bring in my old phone or will they make me fill out a whole load of forms and bring 10 forms of ID with me?
    Yes you can pick up the phone then and there. All you need is passport/drivers licence

Should only take about 10mins once you know what phone you want. You dont need to fill out any forms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Cheers. Will pick one up after work tomorrow so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Will an upgrade on 3pay expire? Say for instance I got the upgrade offer in October. For how long can I claim it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

They will charge you a bit more for the upgrade in a shop though over ordering it online, but you'll have it imediately rather than waiting for the postman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

You can upgrade online or through the phone aswel like, its usually 1 or 2 days posting

flodis79 wrote: »
    Will an upgrade on 3pay expire? Say for instance I got the upgrade offer in October. For how long can I claim it?
    Your upgrade will not expire

Advertisement