Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clamped!!!

Options
  • 18-12-2008 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

I jumped off the dart in clontarf and found my car clamped for the 2nd time in 3 months!!!

First time they said i had not clearly displayed my weekly ticket which i had, tried to make a claim with the address they gave to find that the letter had been posted back to me stating that they were not known at that address!!!

2nd time (tonight) came to find my car clamped, first thought was that my ticket had fallin off the dash, nope clearly displayed called the number for the girl to tell me that i had no ticket, told her i had so she phoned the clamper, came back to me with i had parked in a disabled space that was marked on the ground (no markings) and the last one was that there is a disabled sign in front of the space that i parked in which again it wasnt!!

Had to pay another 125 euro to the scum of the earth for nothing!!!
    I think ill go buy a con saw at this rate!

Irish rail, two fingers to you for hiring this scum I will NOT be using any of there car parks again, in the future i will be driving to the dart station that is closer to me but has no parking!!

Blood boiling.......rant over:mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Don't pay them! That's the worst thing you can do. And you're doing everyone else a disservice because the clampers will start to get used to getting their way.

Call the gardai if you're clamped incorrectly again. Don't listen to any bull**** from a clamper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Sean_K wrote: »
    Don't pay them! That's the worst thing you can do. And you're doing everyone else a disservice because the clampers will start to get used to getting their way.

Call the gardai if you're clamped incorrectly again. Don't listen to any bull**** from a clamper.

Sorry, but there is zero chance of the gardai responding to a call about someone who has been clamped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I jumped off the dart in clontarf road

fyp, Fairview ;)
    There isn't a Dart station in Clontarf

Gardai won't respond to a call like this. Is there an appeals process you can go through?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

keep an angle grinder in the boot for next time

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

When they came out to remove the clamp did you not ask where the markigns for the disabled bay were? Surely with both of you standign in front of the car it would be a simple enough issue to solve?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

NOTHING pisses me off more than over zealous clampers. I've never heard of anyone getting their money back off these guys either, bastards.

In the college I go to there is far more cars than spaces and this leads to people parking "illegaly", well parked in perfectly safe places, not blocking any entrys/exits or emergency services should they be required, you are guarenteed a clamp but people park in these places anyway because they need the parking space. Consaw idea FTW, have done it before and WILL do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

FearDark wrote: »

In the college I go to there is far more cars than spaces and this leads to people parking "illegaly", well parked in perfectly safe places, not blocking any entrys/exits or emergency services should they be required, you are guarenteed a clamp but people park in these places anyway because they need the parking space. Consaw idea FTW, have done it before and WILL do it again.

If I decide that your front garden is a nice place for me to park because it's near where I want to go , is that ok? At the end of the day, the college own the land (or else it's public land if it's outside the grounds your talkign about) and get to decide how many cars they will provide parking for and where to allow parking.

It's because people decide that they are entitle to park where they will that every town centre and loads of houseing estates are no filled with big, ugly bollards.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Guys I lied to you:)

Before paying them i had a go at taking it off by jacking the car up but to no avail so i called the guards they said that there a shower of fu@ks but that they could not do anything, so i buggered off home as i was on my hole waiting around for them.
    Anyway i get a call to say that this guy tried to take off clamp but could not do so as i had moved the car blah blah blah so i told im that that wasnt good enough i payed to get it taken off so remove it!! anyway after the conversation getting a little heated he tells me that he has taken the lock off but cant pull the chains out so would I MIND LEAVING THE CLAMP to one side and one of his buddies would come and pick it up later..........the cheek!!

So I left the clamp outside the dart station like i was asked for them to come pick it up later................................

Stekelly wrote: »
    When they came out to remove the clamp did you not ask where the markigns for the disabled bay were? Surely with both of you standign in front of the car it would be a simple enough issue to solve?

Nope they wont listen to a word you say, you could talk with them till the cow's come home but you'll get nothing!

micmclo wrote: »
    fyp, Fairview ;)
    There isn't a Dart station in Clontarf

Gardai won't respond to a call like this. Is there an appeals process you can go through?

I think you'll find your wrong sir;)

http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/your_station.asp?letter=C&action=showdetail&station_id=41

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

If I decide that your front garden is a nice place for me to park because it's near where I want to go , is that ok? At the end of the day, the college own the land (or else it's public land if it's outside the grounds your talkign about) and get to decide how many cars they will provide parking for and where to allow parking.

It's because people decide that they are entitle to park where they will that every town centre and loads of houseing estates are no filled with big, ugly bollards.

I guess youd have to see the car park in question to believe it. They'll be a riot about the situation anyday now, I can feel it!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

A friend of mine in college had his car clamped despite having a clearly displayed permit. He only discovered this at 8pm and his choices were to get a bus/taxi back to Wicklow (from Dublin) or pay it. The clamper couldn't speak a word of English except "pay or I go".

I would really like to hear the legal rights for this. My friend has just put this down to bad luck but I would have gone nuts over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

are you for real?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

heybaby wrote: »
    That's for people clamped by Dublin City Council. The OP was parked the a car park adjoining the Clontarf Road Dart station, owned by Irish Rail and clamped by their clamping agents?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Get onto a solicitor pronto. Nothing puts the fear of God into a company faster than a threat of a law suit.

KerranJast wrote: »
    Get onto a solicitor pronto. Nothing puts the fear of God into a company faster than a threat of a law suit.

Yeah a friend of mine is a solicitor so ill speak to her later on today but i wont be expecting a cheque anytime time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

MES1670.jpg

In the boot FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

To be honest, if you don't want this to keep happening what you should have done is the following.

Taken Clear pricise pictures of your car clamped, showing that your were not parked in a disabled spot and that they had no right to clamp you.

Ring the payment line and get the reasons you were clamped, then state that you have photographic evidence to prove otherwise. Say you are going to claim Taxi fares due to the clamping, car rental due to the clamping and as its not the first time you are prepared to sue them for harassment and compensation for time lost.

You need to say this calmly, ignore the person on the other end insisting you have to pay. The above doesn't have to be legally binding, it just has to sound legally binding. You will generally find your car being un-clamped quite quickly. I wish I had done it myself the few times I was clamped(for no valid reason).

Advertisement