Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much did you pay for your first car?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,100 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I paid £14500 for a 01 vw golf in 2001. It was 1.4 petrol. The voting didn't give me an option for over £10k, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

make her pay for it, then shell change her mind , but if she doesnt , and if she can get 12k somewhere shell appreciate it more , i learned in the parents car, admitadley they were unusual to learn in (2.5 turbo diesel and 3.5 V6 petrol) but i never put a mark on them, not all learner drivers plough cars into walls, but if you just hand her a car shell have no respect for it, i paid for my first car and i cant imagain even scratching it, if she wants it let her buy it, give her a hand at best, like 4-5k max, but dont just give her 12k

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭kizzyf

Would be interested to know how this all panned out. I'm sure after reading these posts she felt a bit shallow and foolish to say the least. Are you quite young Mr.Boardsie's daughter? She probably won't be able to afford comp on the car so when something happens to it she'll be up **** creek. Seriously chavtastic.

I did spend an awful lot on my first car but I had passed my test before I purchased. Learnt to drive in someone else's car and never put a mark on it. Only yesterday did first damage to a car (mine). Gutted. It's not a great feeling when you damage a lovely car. I have to say though that when you have a nice car that you worry about damaging you prob are more likely to do something silly. I don't get the logic in this but it seems to be the case. I've driven 4 other cars previously and everything was fine.

Advertisement