Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Future Stars??

• 18-12-2008 2:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭

Im probably jinxing it... BUT.

To me, WWE seems to have turned a corner. They desperately needed new talent to carry the company when the old boys from the attitude era finally (ever) hang up their boots, or tights or whatever the correct wrestling term is:confused:

anyway, the point of this thread is...

Who do guys reckon will be the megastars of the new wave?

My picks..
    Morrison
    Kingston (i must say, I like him)
    I thought that Sim Snuka... was that his name? looked well?
    Cody Rhodes.

I had high hopes for Koslov. I still reckon if he could be a big player monster heel if some big names help him out. *cough* HHH *cough* Never going to happen but i can dream *cough*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Dibiase?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

yeah, I like him as well. Wouldnt quite put him up with the rest at the moment though. Then again, thats probably cos he hasnt been around as "legacy" gains momentum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Jack Swagga, MVP and allow me to dream for a minute the Brian Kenderick, oh and Evan Bourne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Kofi,Evan, DiBiase, Primo

I would have said Cody before but his in ring work is average and he's quite small (no I'm not advocating steroids either) he has good promos though

I think Jesse could be quite the handy wrestler if he is allowed show his skills

Oh and Mike Knox, nah just kidding!, didnt they fire him last week:o

EdK wrote: »

I think Jesse could be quite the handy wrestler if he is allowed show his skills

+1

I saw a match with him a while back, at a ppv, it opened the show i think.

God I cant remember much about it, he might of been fighting hardy?

But yeah, i remember it was a very exciting match, I was surprised, cos I hadnt seen much of him before!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Evan Bourne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

To me, WWE seems to have turned a corner. They desperately needed new talent to carry the company when the old boys from the attitude era finally (ever) hang up their boots, or tights or whatever the correct wrestling term is:confused:

How exactly have they turned a corner? They gave the title to one of the most popular members of the attitude era and are trying to lure back another one. Anyway, they already had turned a corner. Batista, Cena and Orton were not part of the attitude era and the WWE made them.

CM Punk was a potential turning point, Hardy is just a bad face Edge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

most of what's already been mentioned as well as Santino to become more than just a comedy act, DiBiase and Rhodes to become big time players sooner rather than later.

I have big hopes for DH Smith, Natalya and hopefully TJ WIlson if they bring them back from development as the new Hart Foundation but I have a funny feeling they just won't cut it.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    How exactly have they turned a corner? They gave the title to one of the most popular members of the attitude era and are trying to lure back another one. Anyway, they already had turned a corner. Batista, Cena and Orton were not part of the attitude era and the WWE made them.

CM Punk was a potential turning point, Hardy is just a bad face Edge

I believe they have turned a corner. To me, the programming was becoming quite stagnant, and boring.

Now there are a few interesting storylines across the card on both smackdown on raw.

It just feels fresher to me lately. Im beginning to... dare i say... ENJOY watching wrestling again.:eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

Bubs101 wrote: »
    ....................................................................How exactly have they turned a corner? They gave the title to one of the most popular members of the attitude era and are trying to lure back another one. ............................

who are they trying to lure back???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

ayatollah wrote: »

Christian.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055416534

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

ayatollah wrote: »

i thought he woulda meant Angle?

Anyways, my constant fave has been Santino.
    He just has a really good presence on the mike. Sure his skills are out matched by the glamazon, but that never stopped anyone before.

Also, evan bourne....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

oh yeah i knew about the christian thing when you said attitude era i just assumed someone from further back.

my bad!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

EdK wrote: »
    I would have said Cody before but his in ring work is average and he's quite small

I completely disagree with you on that. I've seen a fair bit of Cody's work as a heel and i've been well impressed. He's a heel that bumps and sells a lot at a quick pace and thus makes the face look strong. It's exactly what he should be doing as a smaller heel, much like HBK did back in the day. I honestly think Cody has future world championship potential as a heel.

Dibiase has great potential as well. I think it's just pure stupidity having him off making movies at this stage of his career when they should be getting him as much in-ring experience as possible. Still, if WWE do it right, his return could make a huge impact.

From what i've seen of him, i've been very impressed with Jack Swagger. He gets great heat and works a solid, amatuer-based style, which is something i would regard as a positive given the huge popularity of MMA. There is just something deeply unlikeable about this guy and the way he carries on, I think it's just how smug he is.

I don't know if people are even aware of this guy, but DG Gabriel (Steve Lewington, Steve Sonic in UK) has been on ECW the last while. He's being managed by Alicia Fox and is doing a dancing gimick, which is pretty hilarious. What's impressed me is the athleticism the guy has and how quick he moves for a man of his size. He certainly has the physique that Vince goes for and he does a lot of innovative moves. His finisher is a flying upper-cut from the 2nd rope which looks pretty cool. Havnt seen enough of him to judge his potential but i'm interested to see how he develops.

As i've stated before, i think Mr. Kennedy has World Champion potential if he can just stay injury free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I agree with every word of the above post until you ruined it with the last line.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

flahavaj wrote: »
    I agree with every word of the above post until you ruined it with the last line.:mad:

Not a Kennedy fan then? I'd be interested in hearing what you don't like about him.

Advertisement