Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Oh noes - you got all serious on their asses and stuff.

OP, cute chicks never have trouble getting asked out but swamp donkeys and trolls alwayz complain that there is something wrong with the dating scene/something in the water/genetic mutation which prevents them being asked out. Several serious dudes have asked you out - JC even offered to take you on his boat and I've seen him - he's smokin'. What are you waiting for? (pix pls kthxbai...)
    'cptr

The status of my offer is: PENDING (Awaiting pics)

Why thanks 'ceptor, I work out :pac:

Um, it was a joke, I have a GF

OP. Seriously, pics will help you find a serious answer. If you're hot, you'll have no prob posting pics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Op most of these were taken the mic - but in fairness what did you expect?
    Its the rule of if your going out with someone you get tonnes of offers - when your not offers are few and far between.

Stop looking - sounds like such a cliche but once you do and start enjoying yourself positive things will happen. As previously stated if its dates you want try a dating website.

Oh and have you tried hanging out in Supermacs at 3am? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

JohnCleary wrote: »
    If you're hot, you'll have no prob posting pics

I'm sure she's lovely.

I'm also sure she wouldn't want everyone here knowing what she looks like except on her own terms. Galway's a small town, hell it's a small country. Wouldn't want people on the street recognizing me from boards, personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Xiney wrote: »
    I'm sure she's lovely.

I'm also sure she wouldn't want everyone here knowing what she looks like except on her own terms. Galway's a small town, hell it's a small country. Wouldn't want people on the street recognizing me from boards, personally.

Why, what are you hiding? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭VanhireBoys

Having lived in many different places it never ceases to amaze me how difficult Galway is as a place to gets dates. I'm sick of randomers, gave that up and now I'm stuck literally in no man's land...what is with this place??!

Ohhhh get a grip OP

I came to Galway in 2005 after being in a lot of places before. I am originally from Donegal and I met my now wife in Galway on a night out. just happened - I wasnt out hell bent on meeting 'the one' . My wife is a Co.Galway girl. Ive met loads of decent down to earth folk here and continue to do so......!

Dont fret - Theres a lid for every saucepan.... ! You havent found yours yet :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭VanhireBoys

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Why, what are you hiding? :pac:

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

big b wrote: »
    Genuinely happy for ya, Biko :)

It clearly does happen, we're not all unattached. But there does seem to be a reluctance to engage with people outside the known circle of friends.

Maybe Gaeilgegrinds should attend tonights' beers :D

Who's going tonight? Is it going to be a sausage fest?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

OP, you could always PM the pics if any offer looked promising (not looking great so far tho, no pics with any of them:P).

Seriously though..it is so true about finding someone when really not giving a feck about it..however, that is the last thing someone wants to hear when in the 'dating game'. I have lived here both single and attached, and to be honest, part of it is what age bracket you are in..no matter what you look like. It is socially way easier to meet (for a start) and date people when in 20s (partly due to potential complications like having a family from another relationship, etc). There is generally a younger crowd at Universities etc too.

It may be a bit of a cliché, but clubs and activity based stuff are some of the best places to meet people. People are often relaxed, and not in 'meat market mode'. You can always go to the pub for pints or coffee afterwards.

One mate met his girlfriend on a hill-walking outing, another his wife at a language class, both cases, everyone over 30. Stuff that involves chatting is good, a chess club might be a bit intense :)

Best of luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The problem with the Galwegian dating seen is the mentality that a hooker in the long run is cheaper and less hassle. I know several people like this:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭galwayguy22

Zzippy wrote: »
    Definitely a few virgins with no social skills posting on this forum. Its not After Hours lads, the OP asked a genuine question and all ye muppets can come up with is Beavis and Butthead type "jokes". Pretty f*ckin juvenile, the kind of stuff you expect from Drake tbh :rolleyes:

OP why don't you do the asking? I've had plenty of dates in Galway from meeting people out and having the craic, met someone special a while ago so not looking these days, but have friends who do the dating thing regularly. Don't agree with John about cliques either, I've lived in much smaller places where that was true, but there are people from all over the place living in Galway, they haven't formed cliques and are open to whatever, thats my experience anyway.

My post was a genuine offer to the OP to help solve her (good god let it be a her) problem.

Your post on the other hand kind of rambles on and the only piece of advise I can see is "why don't you do the asking" which has already been said.

Ergo, Vis a Vis, Concordantly, stop being so f*ckin juvenile with your nonsense spamming.

• Advertisement

The problem with the Galwegian dating seen is the mentality that a hooker in the long run is cheaper and less hassle. I know several people like this:eek:

Wow - congrats on dramaticaly lowering the tone of the thread!
    That my dear is bollix I don't know the caliber of the people you associate but I assure you its not the general consensus.

coughs~twat~coughs again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

Oh and have you tried hanging out in Supermacs at 3am? smile.gif

gave this option a shot last night to no avail :p

There are hooker's in galway? :eek: why did no one inform me??

axiom32 wrote: »
    Oh and have you tried hanging out in Supermacs at 3am? smile.gif

gave this option a shot last night to no avail :p

DO you pocess highly contagoius disease like symptoms?
    Or did you just not share your food?
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

God throw me off a bridge quick. Some of ye are the pits. I wasn't asking for dates, merely saying how difficult it is to get them. Men just want sex, I mean I've nothing against it but it's better when you get to actually practise it rather than moving on to different people.

As for commenting on my looks, it really shouldn't matter but I think I'm adequately equipped in that department. I'm just going to give up.
    As for asking for pics...no way...genuinely doubt any of ye are genuine.

From what I can gather so there seem to be very few guys agreeing with me on this, ye just want the sex, no dates leading on to relationships. Great.

And yes I know I've said this before, and no doubt I'll say it again. I'd gladly ask men out but at this stage my confidence is at an all time low so not likely to happen for quite some time.
    Thanks

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    DO you pocess highly contagoius disease like symptoms?
    Or did you just not share your food?
    :D

Picking on hookers wow. Guess who lives in Drum eh. Cough~Bitch~Cough

Aw don't give up. I think there were some valid suggestions about where you are meeting people, that will affect people's expectations. I'm not from Galway though so maybe I'm not looking at things the same way as these galway lads who only want some bedroom frolics. I was just having a little fun but its not nice to hear someone giving up on meeting people. :(

Seriously can't take another knock so better off without. Thanks Brian

I'd go on a date with you, no sex necessary, except I'm too poor. Sorry.

Sorry GG. Hope you suceed in love

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

God throw me off a bridge quick. Some of ye are the pits. I wasn't asking for dates, merely saying how difficult it is to get them. Men just want sex, I mean I've nothing against it but it's better when you get to actually practise it rather than moving on to different people.

As for commenting on my looks, it really shouldn't matter but I think I'm adequately equipped in that department. I'm just going to give up.
    As for asking for pics...no way...genuinely doubt any of ye are genuine.

From what I can gather so there seem to be very few guys agreeing with me on this, ye just want the sex, no dates leading on to relationships. Great.

And yes I know I've said this before, and no doubt I'll say it again. I'd gladly ask men out but at this stage my confidence is at an all time low so not likely to happen for quite some time.
    Thanks

I know you were just trying to blow off steam but in fairness creating this thread in this forum is like throwing bait to the sharks...

Anyways, some of us can empathise with you, not everyone is looking for the same thing. Good luck with it and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Actually giving up worrying about it might be the ticket.
    Don't really give up, there are gems out there, and some of the sh*te talkers are just covering up their own nerves.

Pics of any future wedding or shindig must be posted tho:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

no offence, but from your posts in the past Gaeilgegrinds talking about your favourite spots you seem to prefer the most cliquey spots in the city. perhaps it's a case of simply having to break up the routine and try new places? it's not simply a case of different places attracting a different crowd, people tend to be more relaxed and approachable depending on where they are in this city... the different atmosphere's affect people in different ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Dont go out looking for a boyfriend. You wont get anywhere like that and would scare off any guy that could possibly be boyfriend material if you're clingy and needy.

Play it cool :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Bijoux

Aw don't give up. I think there were some valid suggestions about where you are meeting people, that will affect people's expectations. I'm not from Galway though so maybe I'm not looking at things the same way as these galway lads who only want some bedroom frolics. I was just having a little fun but its not nice to hear someone giving up on meeting people. :(

Ehhh Brian, it aint just Galway!!!
    This sort of thing doesnt vary hugely from one location to another (IMO)....so OP, either change your tactics, or go to different places....do you normally go out in a large group? Are you and your friends joined at the hip when ye go out?
    That sort of thing can put people off, just go out and enjoy yourself and take each day as it comes :)

Bijoux wrote: »
    Ehhh Brian, it aint just Galway!!!

Yes but if I badmouth the natives I might look better in comparison!

Picking on hookers wow. Guess who lives in Drum eh. Cough~Bitch~Cough

I shan't bother dignifying your ignorant comment and don't wish to have any further debate with you. Commend you on your choice of an apt user name btw

kthanxbye :)

I'm not needy but at this time of year terribly lonely. I'd just love to share my life with someone else, that's all. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Hey OP, think most Irish cities are pretty cliquey, what do you do in your spare time that might help you meet people?

Very hard to meet a partner in a nightclub, most of the couples I know met through mutual friends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

as another galway laydee i have come around to thinking that I probably wont meet that special someone in Galway!
    i dont go out 'bf hunting', i go out to have a good time and this is a terrible thing to say but iv noticed the best place to get chatting to people is in the smoking area!

its terrible because i dont smoke! and im out there with my friends who do and thats where i have (sadly) ended up having the best craic and or meeting someone! but i read somewhere think it was actually CSO statistics that there are way more women in galway than men, so i think were already at a disadvantage!! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement