Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food Glorious Food

Options
  • 18-12-2008 4:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭

Last night about 7 of us went to a steakhouse, it was called Hurricanes down in bondi, a few of my mates have been there and raved about the ribs
    $33 for a full rack .... My god it was amazing!

Probably the most enjoyable meal I've had in a long time!

so any fav haunts in <Insert city here>

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Breakfast Creek hotel, Brisbane

Steaks are delicious, and reasonably priced, as they do XXXX out of a wooden Keg

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Sopranos on Elizabeth St Sydney best pasta ive had in a long time and only $8 for some dishes!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Any of the Sizzler chain of restaurants. I've never left there unsatisfied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    I've never left there unsatisfied.

Free happy ending with every steak?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

The Press Club owned by well known chef George Calombaris is a pretty cool place. You can get lunch for around $15 and a main for less than $30 which for a restaurant of this caliber is quite good.
    Free happy ending with every steak?!?
    The best streak I ever had was in this hotel somewhere near Sydney Harbour and for the life of me cannot remember the name of the place. I was on an all expenses paid business trip and was making the most of it ;) Seriously tho' it was an A-grade steak :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Ghengis Khan in Wellington or other places in NZ. $30 for all you can eat and ou can bring veg and meat up to be cooked on the big japanese grill thing as often as you want. Plus they have unlimited pancakes.... mmmm!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Breakfast Creek hotel, Brisbane

Steaks are delicious, and reasonably priced, as they do XXXX out of a wooden Keg

Brekky Creek has definitely slipped form its former glory I hear. I found its dipped even in the time I have been here.

The owners who set up much of the BCs current aura, moved on to the Norman Hotel a while ago. I hear this is THE place to go now.

Its next on my list to go to....More upmarket Lure at The Coro does some amazing sea food.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Was in an Irish restaurant the other day called Mulligans. Proper potatoes and stuff. me and the gf went. cost us 115 in total. that included 2 starters, 2 mains and a bottle of wolf blass. another couple we're travelling with went the night before. their meal came to 115 too.

also, the place is totally haunted! We went in and as soon as we sat down, we both felt weird. herself nearly start cryin and i got depressed and feltl iek we were back in the famine days and stuff. then we found out they do psychic nights every thursday! weird.

anyway, food was lovely. best place i've been to in sydney. might go back again next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

The_B_Man wrote: »
    herself nearly start cryin and i got depressed and feltl iek we were back in the famine days and stuff. then we found out they do psychic nights every thursday! weird.

Does that mean they don't need to take your order as they know as soon as you come in what you want?

I heard there's a Hurricane's in Darling Harbour now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

There's actually a very good noodle place beside hurricanes in Bondi as well, called The Wok Bar i think.

Crow's Nest Fried Rice for 13.50 is the pick of the bunch, unreal value and absolutely delicious.

Will have to try hurricanes as well at some stage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement