Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio problem

• 18-12-2008 8:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

I have done a few weddings and as you would expect the audio is not good from the camera.

Does anyone have any simple idea to collect audio (off line from the camera ) from the priest, groom and the music in the church?

or should I go with a shotgun mic on the camera and three wireless mic.s.

All suggestions welcome .

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

You've got 4 xlr inputs? I would use the ME62 free standing with a wireless transmitter, and wire the priest/microphone up with a wireless mic. I've only 2 slots. So could then go 2 further by wireless mic for the groom, and an on board me62/me66 for moving around outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 angel12

attach your camera directly to your pc.
    then directly open photos from cameras.
    then and then only copy to your pc's hard drive.
    if you directly copy photos from camera to hard drive with opening directly from camera, they will be distorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

TommyGun wrote: »
    I have done a few weddings and as you would expect the audio is not good from the camera.

Does anyone have any simple idea to collect audio (off line from the camera ) from the priest, groom and the music in the church?

or should I go with a shotgun mic on the camera and three wireless mic.s.

All suggestions welcome .

Thanks

Ever thought of taking a line out from the mixer in the church? I know a lot of them are old and there may not be any, but those that do might make it very handy. Just invest in a long XLR or do it wirelessly but that way you'll get anything captured on house mics with a lot less set up of your own.
    Surely you get what you pay for and anyone requesting perfectly mixed audio from multiple mics in a church either accepts what they get or pay for an SQN op!:D

Advertisement