Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

comical/everyday observations from having piercings and tattoos

• 18-12-2008 9:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

I'm bored, it's early, some funny and not so funny observations about life, feel free to add your own. :pac:

Just because people have visible piercings or tattoos doesn't give you the right to come up and poke at them. How would you feel if some stranger came up and started pulling on your ear or poking your neck?

Puking (dodgy whopper) with a stretched labret is both as hilarious and terrifying as it sounds.

*in my head*
    'oh crap oh crap im puking,
    haha it's coming out my labret,
    oh crap what if i spit the jewellery out with the puke!
    im puking again damn! too late now
    Carrots? I didn't eat any carrots!'

If you want to have a free seat on the bus/metro/roller coaster beside you everyday for the rest of your life get a visible piercing or tattoo. :pac: No matter how much you smile, squash yourself into as small a package as possible on the seat to give optimum seating for passers by, people (specifically old ladies) will never sit beside you, even on a packed bus.

Getting drunk and forcing a straw through any piercing so you and your cool buddies can have a laugh and drink through said piercing is not a good idea. Especially since the person getting the straw through the piercing will feel it in the morning and for about a month after. Small straws are a problem, large diameter ones are a nightmare.

Quashing the myth that if you get your right ear pierced, "it will make you 'gay'" it is also wrong to presume that getting pierced or tattooed will make you cool in the eyes of your mates :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Carrying on from the puking (ew) puke + septum rings don't go to well, there's a bit of a cleanup job after. Especially when stringy food is involved (spaghetti, onions...)

If you have a nape piercing random strangers will tap the back of your neck.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

My septum retainer fell down the toilet yesterday *shudders*

Also, my septum ring makes me look like a bull, apparently.

Never forget, those tattoos will look awful when you're 60!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Ah yes! That and "but what about your wedding?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

weddings?

guffaw, guffaw I say! :pac:

Jobs - the way a person looks, or more importantly choses to look, should not and does not effect how others around them work (within reason)

6 months working for "pr!cks with calculators" taught me that it's utterly pointless and in fact, detramental to a person worker to make them remove jewellery or cover up piercings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

Gauge wrote: »
    Ah yes! That and "but what about your wedding?"

Ya see Gauge, one day you *might* want to get married and you *might* want to wear a dress and you couldn't possibly do that if you get tattoos and piercings. :pac:

I *really* wish I had no art on my body, I can never have a wedding now :rolleyes: which is a pity cos even though my lovely tatts are here for life, it would have been sooo worth sacrificing all that for one day in a dress :/

*bitchy Molby hasn't had coffee* :pac:

I love when people say to me - but you don't look the type :D

Or when customers are floored to see that my assistant - the helpful, well mannered girl on the phone, actualy has neck and hand tatts and a face full of metal (this was extra funny when she had a mohawk too) I'm talking about less_than_B on the board btw, you can see some of her collection in "ill show you mine" if youre feeling nosey :p

I dont love it when mr. molberts gets that look on his face and says, youre not getting more are you? but I do love it when he texts later and says it doesnt matter and he <3's me anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

For some odd reason I get "Is that real?" an awful lot.
    No, I'm a 26 year old with a freakin stick on from a chewing gum packet.
    Ofcourse it's bloody real you moron!!!

I met a funky lady at a show before and complimented her gorgeous face tattoo. She said - THANK YOU for not saying... "but does it wash off?" at the end of that sentence :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

My fella is more than supportive when it comes to the mods. The ones before him weren't quite so.

My nieces and nephews love the mods. The one year old gets great pleasure in trying to pull one of my labret studs off my face. And tbh, I think its good for them. I hope that they'll learn not to look differently at people who don't look the same as them.

My sister got mad at me for getting the tattoos on my arms, claiming I ruined her wedding. She neglected to tell me that I was gonna be a bridesmaid. She got over it and apologized after a while but jaysis - way to overreact!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 wobbelyheadbob

dont mean you cant get married or wear a dress, your wedding day is for you and your partner, if your partner is marrying i would assume that they love you mods and all, wearing a dress that shows off your mods shouldnt be a problem, once your comfortable in how you look it dont matter what everyone else thinks, in the end, that day is about you and your husband/wife to be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Fiii wrote: »
    For some odd reason I get "Is that real?" an awful lot.
    No, I'm a 26 year old with a freakin stick on from a chewing gum packet.
    Ofcourse it's bloody real you moron!!!
    I get this a lot. I suppose its because I'm 'not the type' to have tatoos. I like telling people they're fake and will come off if you rub them hard enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Oh oh If yopu have a bridge piercing.... "does that go through the bone"
    Yes I took a drill to my nose so i could have a piercing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

Hahahaa I've gotten that one too..usually followed by looks of total disgust. I then like to share the 'pop' sound it makes :P

Cherryvega wrote: »
    Hahahaa I've gotten that one too..usually followed by looks of total disgust. I then like to share the 'pop' sound it makes :P
    lol :) the best i've ever heard was my mate who has a lobe thats about 60mm...two girls actually asked him if it was real. I've never laughed so hard at a question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

for my brothers wedding about 5 yrs ago, i was told to dress respectible , little cocktail dress and all that, was told i was not allowed to wear my docs even though i got married in docs.

I arrived at wedding and looked all respectible, little coctail dress, strappy sandals, hair up and makeup on, walked up to my brother and he said i looked great , then i walked past him and all i heard and everyone else heard was "u fukcin B1tch" i had a backless dress and had a tattoo of the sun, moon and stars on my lower back, no one new i had the tat and i got it done to line up with the cut of the dress hehehehehe

for the official pics i looked as my brother wanted but for every other one that was taken everyone wanted pics of me back LMAO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Not so much an observation, more just i get asked quite a bit.
    "Are you a buddist?"

Eejits... ¬.¬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I've never really had people come up and ask about any of my piercings. I would get the odd one or two though, which I didn't mind. Great ice-breakers. Mostly people would ask about my bridge, "Does that go through the bone?" type questions.

I have gotten more requests to stroke my beard than asking about my piercings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

LD 50 wrote: »
    I have gotten more requests to stroke my beard than asking about my piercings.

Same was true for me before i shaved it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

people like to come up to me and stare intently at my mouth before saying "IS THAT PIERCED?!" referring to my smiley...
    which i kindly reply, NOPE! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

Molberts wrote: »
    I love when people say to me - but you don't look the type :D

you do look like a big posho d4 fake tan dolce and cabana daddys credit card big sunglasses wearing kinda person.

no offence lyoik

Shimei wrote: »
    you do look like a big posho d4 fake tan dolce and cabana daddys credit card big sunglasses wearing kinda person.

no offence lyoik

You pr!ck :eek:

Are you messing :(

• Advertisement

ha ha.

maybe

I get "there's something in your face" quite frequently.. referring to my lip piercing.. to which I reply.. "no way".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

yeh i get the "someones been drawing on ur back"

and i reply "really, thats the last time i fall asleep in the dayward"

i get "wow your so handsome and buff with your tattoos"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I find that i really scare and intimidate old women, no idea why :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

jenizzle wrote: »
    My sister got mad at me for getting the tattoos on my arms, claiming I ruined her wedding. She neglected to tell me that I was gonna be a bridesmaid. She got over it and apologized after a while but jaysis - way to overreact!

Lols!

I have an Ace of Spades on the inside of my arm just below my armpit.

People who see often go, "Hey is that an Ace up your sleeve", then get this look of realisation in their eyes and go "HawHaw - watch this fella, he's got an Ace up his sleeve"

I do a lot of polite nodding...

(not all tattooed people are like this) but what i really hate is if im in a pub or room with other people who are tattooed and you get the **** stared out of you until they decide to take of their top and whip out all their tatts.its not a competition you knobs.

Shimei wrote: »
    i get "wow your so handsome and buff with your tattoos"
    It's nice to see people working with the mentally ill:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Well, in work the other day, i was explaing the wii to some woman (i work in game) and mid conversation she was like "did that one hurt?" pointing at my conch, and i said not really, and then she said, show me your other ear so i did, then she asked about my rook, then after that she just walked away.

i felt quite confused...

• Advertisement

It's nice to see people working with the mentally ill:p

but im a carpenter

Advertisement