Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

comical/everyday observations from having piercings and tattoos

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Did she touch you in places while asking question...Ya see it was a distraction technique...By asking you questions and acting normal while fondeling you you thought it didn't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Shimei wrote: »
    but im a carpenter

He did say the mentally ill.

Shimei wrote: »
    but im a carpenter
    what?? you wouldn't work with the mentally ill just cos your a carpenter??? Wow your lousy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

"You'll never find a decent man with a respectable job to take care of you looking like that.....what doctor/lawyer/surgeon etc would want you on his arm with all that muck..."

I get that at home....

My Nan used to call my boy friend the "rooster" or the "cockerel" cause he had a mohawk and she was senile LOL

First thing I did when I recently streched the lobes was stick a smoke through them....I was tipsy and giddy at the time, but it brought much amusement :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

i always get asked if i can suck d**k better with tongue piercings in.

Also always get the seat on the bus to myself :) even during rush hour traffic.
    The local tough lads cant look me in the face when they are on their own on the bus and float on the edge of the seat on the bus if the last seat is beside me. hehe

Or usually just get young ones going. JAYUS mister are those holes in yer ears? Do they go right through? Bleedin hell etc...

• Advertisement

i always get asked if i can suck d**k better with tongue piercings in.
    Well Can you???

Tis only a joke no need to answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

ive tried but i nearly broke my own ribs tryin to reach.... never got there

pffft no commitment in people these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

When people find out I have tattoos, they just look confused and ask "Why would you get that done?":rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Get that about my ears all the time.
    Didnt mind at the start but now its just really annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

People are always surprised by my plugs... apparently they think that if you stretch you are limited to plain steel tunnels for the rest of your life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

people ask me mostly about my dermals. The converstion usually goes something like 'OMG are they stuck in your arm'..... 'yes'.......'eeewwwww'

I also get asked about my hair alot....coz theres so few ppl with pink hair around???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

i got the whole , "erm there a flower drawn on your back there love" when i was out one night, he then went on to nearly rip the nape piercing out :( was soo sore!! he wouldnt believe it was a piercing , and kept trying to pull it off! arrgh

or people just come up and touching it without asking, i find it really strange!!

just thought of anoter one, was in work and was nearly lunch time, was waiting for my friend to arrive so we could go to lunch , i was serving someone at the time , and my friend came in and sat down ( he is plugs and a few visable tattoos) and the guy i was serving said to me " you'd want to watch him , he will prolly cause trouble " .... so yer mani was serving left and was outside the shop , and i walked out with my friend and linked his arm, yer mans face was a picture!!

"he" "people"
    I never get any credit for my work :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

"'I' d just like one, small, feminine one somewhere I can hide it, and cover it for weddings, and my parents won't see it, cause really its just for me. I don't like when people go overboard, and get load of them - that's horrible, esp on girls, ye know? I wouldn't be into big ones like you have now...."

oh, cheers. btw, whilst we are being tactful, I can tell you right now that you don't like tattoos enough to get one and not regret/laser/whine about it for the rest of your life.

hot2def wrote: »
    "'I' d just like one, small, feminine one somewhere I can hide it, and cover it for weddings, and my parents won't see it, cause really its just for me. I don't like when people go overboard, and get load of them - that's horrible, esp on girls, ye know? I wouldn't be into big ones like you have now...."

oh, cheers. btw, whilst we are being tactful, I can tell you right now that you don't like tattoos enough to get one and not regret/laser/whine about it for the rest of your life.
    You should just tell them to bend over and you'll decide what ****e tramp stamp they get

in fairness, this is usually from people I meet, as opposed to customers.

also, if I may say so, people in Arklow seem to have remarkably refined tastes in tattoos, possibly because Tony and Debbie have been tirelessly explaining the epic range of work available to anyone who would listen for the last 2 and a half years.

This is off-topic slightly but I met a vile girl recently who had a tattoo done recently. She said she wasn't into tattoos but this one was perfect- the ink was disappearing ink! Yep, she didn't want a tattoo when she's old and ESPECIALLY not for her wedding, so she had the artist do the tattoo in disappearing ink, so in five years it will just fade to nothing!

I know 'removable' tattoo ink has been experimented with but afaik a) it's still too early to tell if it's effective b) is 'removable' in the sense that it takes just one laser treatment to get rid of it rather than several. She insisted the Bolvian squatter-punk that did the $20 tattoo ("oh my god, he was so cool!!") guaranteed that it would be gone in five years.

But anyway, yes, I love that old sentiment that women should stick to small, easily covered tattoos.

Gauge wrote: »

But anyway, yes, I love that old sentiment that women should stick to small, easily covered tattoos.

yeah, oddly, I get as much hassle from customers about not being tattooed.

i know we haven't all met me - but suffice to say I wear jeans and a hoodie ALL THE TIME. I may as well be wearing a burka. What are they basing this on - the fact that I have neither my face or hands tattooed?

All female tattoo artists are supposed to look like Kat Von D, you didn't get the memo?

• Advertisement

All female tattoo artists are supposed to look like Kat Von D, you didn't get the memo?

I assure you, if I could manage it - I would.

Or pixie. I agree with those idea's :)
    Just like all mothers of 25+ shud look like nellie furtado:D

I also get a universal "you're mad" whenever any woman finds out I have my chest tattooed...

Cause, in fairness, it ruined my modeling career :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

haha yeah i get that sentiment said to me the whole time , esp off work people that my lilles are to big, and im a girl so they should be small :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

Since I got my eyebrow pierced, men in their late 30s--40s started to ask me about how sore it was, and telling me that there's no way they could "go through the pain" of it.

It's awfully confusing :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

I always get that as well im not the type.Well id love to ask is there a type or is it peoples perception of how you should look.Also people comu=ing up and just swinging you around to have a look at your tats that really bothers me.They must think they have some divine right aagh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I absolutely love the reactions on peoples faces (especially guys) when they hear that I have a prince albert... Some react with disgust, and fair enough, if they aren't into body mods, ladies are unlikely to want some guys thing with a ring through it going into them! But the way guys wince as if it was akin to driving rusty nails through it is priceless!!!

It's good though when people are more fascinated by it, what it honestly felt like to get done, but those are usually either people into body mods, or guys who are toying with the idea of getting one.

I used to be one of those guys too :D

I absolutely love the reactions on peoples faces (especially guys) when they hear that I have a prince albert... Some react with disgust, and fair enough, if they aren't into body mods, ladies are unlikely to want some guys thing with a ring through it going into them! But the way guys wince as if it was akin to driving rusty nails through it is priceless!!!

It's good though when people are more fascinated by it, what it honestly felt like to get done, but those are usually either people into body mods, or guys who are toying with the idea of getting one.

I used to be one of those guys too :D
    Or the women's first question....does it not hurt...Quickly followed by "eh so does it actually work"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

"Does it not hurt?" - about my labret

Mainly from the elderly who I'm serving at work. Piercings don't seem to be as big a conversation point now as a couple of years ago though. I got my eyebrow pierced when I was fifteen (stupid ill advised George's street arcade), and literally every person I encountered would ask me about it. Oh I felt so cool...until it felt out.

What i don't understand is the weird stigma about people with tattoos and piercings. I have never in my life met a scumbag with multiple piercings or the sort of tattoos that non scumbag types get. Same with jobs discriminating as well because it gives a bad impression. That always enrages me somewhat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

My tattoo is somewhat colourful, and I often get asked if it is real! I guess I can understand since it intentionally has a graffiti effect. I also get people rubbing it to see if it comes off :D

Advertisement