Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo in BreakingNews.ie 9th Dec.

Options
  • 18-12-2008 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

Just noticed photo in Press Cuttings thread. What gobsh**t held the cocked PPK with the safety off for the photo. If you did that down the range your arse would be toast. :eek::eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

It's this post in the Press Clippings sticky, and this is the original article-
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhidsnidkfgb/rss2/

This is the picture-
    gunspistols3264902of0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

sfakiaman wrote: »
    Just noticed photo in Press Cuttings thread. What gobsh**t held the cocked PPK with the safety off for the photo. If you did that down the range your arse would be toast. :eek::eek:

Safety is thankfully on - white dot showing as opposed to red.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Lads,
    Could be wrong this..Maybe the light of the photo...But does that Walther look very suspiciously new or somhow fake/replica???:confused:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Lads,
    Could be wrong this..Maybe the light of the photo...But does that Walther look very suspiciously new or somhow fake/replica???:confused:

Thought that myself, but then reputable journalists would never do that would they.:rolleyes: Probably more of THEM (replicas) used in crimes than stolen legal firearms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

Safety is thankfully on - white dot showing as opposed to red.

The safety is in the horizontal position, therefore off. Also this pistol has a safety/decocker so the hammer cannot be back if the safety is on.

On second looks it does look rather new.

sfakiaman wrote: »
    The safety is in the horizontal position, therefore off. Also this pistol has a safety/decocker so the hammer cannot be back if the safety is on.

On second looks it does look rather new.

Wow... embarrassing. Guess the Steyr's safety isn't a universal standard :o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

A saftey/de cocker on a PPK??????? Thought they were only DA?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    A saftey/de cocker on a PPK??????? Thought they were only DA?

If it were DA only, the hammer couldn't be cocked without the trigger being pulled back. In the photo the hammer is in the full cock position.

Not visible in the photo (thankfully) is the loaded chamber indicator which was present in all models except .22 LR. I'm surprised this feature isn't used more often, I only remember seeing it on Walthers and Lugers.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭macnas

I wouldn't advise anyone to fire a pistol while holding it like that but if he's pointing it downrange and his finger is outside the trigger guard, it seems perfectly safe to me.;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement