Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band AC/DC

Options
  • 18-12-2008 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

Out tomorrow, apparently... (link)

Not sure I'll pay €40 for it though (and if the Aerosmith release from earlier this year is anything to go by, it'll take a while before the price drops). With 19 songs, its really just over €2 a song.

Anyone getting it? If anyone spots it going for less than €40, let us know. :)

Tracklist

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hmm.... just thinking about this, will it be possible to export the tracks to roll into your main Rock Band track list? Another 400 point export license like RB1? One night rental in xtravision (€5) plus a 400 point license (€5) makes this a well spent tenner! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

As far as I can recall, unlike RB1, there's no downloadable export licence for the AC/DC pack. I think the pack has a one-time code bundled with it so if you rent it to export the songs then you'll have to hope that no-one else has already used the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Greyjoy wrote: »
    As far as I can recall, unlike RB1, there's no downloadable export licence for the AC/DC pack. I think the pack has a one-time code bundled with it so if you rent it to export the songs then you'll have to hope that no-one else has already used the code.

According to americans I've spoken to, this is correct. You get a code in the box, which you can "redeem" for the download. (meaning you can't share it)

I will be getting this... But it'll probably be horrible like the GH:Aerosmith thing... It is Rock Band and Not Guitar Hero after all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Anyone pick this up? Any price comparison info? Where is cheapest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

saw it in hmv today for €38.99. apply student discount to that and your nearly down to €35. still a bit too pricey for my liking

• Advertisement

I would also like to mention that it's all designed on top of the RB1 system... which is disappointing. I would have liked it to be based on the RB2 system. Back to solo career again :(

The actual game isn't too bad if you know that all you are getting is 18 songs... There's only 250 achievement points also, which is annoying because it's a standalone game... it should have 1000 points.

At least Guitar Hero Aerosmith had some sort of a story, a *slightly* different menu... and more songs. (31).. GHA is guitar only though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

thay have it what the ac dc bly ray for 25 in zavii

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

cheapest i can see it so far is amazon.co.uk. £25 which is about €26 atm (minus delivery of course)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Cully wrote: »
    I would also like to mention that it's all designed on top of the RB1 system... which is disappointing. I would have liked it to be based on the RB2 system. Back to solo career again :(

But, I thought it just shoves the songs into RB2, like other DLC. That would mean the awesome integration into career that usually happens with DLC. Although, I have to admit, I preferred it when it was a single career with a list of songs, it was just easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Although, I have to admit, I preferred it when it was a single career with a list of songs, it was just easier.

Echo
    I really hate the way you gotta keep going back and forth unlocking sh*t, it's really frustrating.

• Advertisement

The easiest way to unlock a lot of songs fast is to complete the "difficulty" challenges if you will. I finished all the drum ones up to and inc. impossible (because drumming is actually a challenge for me) and I had most of the songs unlocked that way...

Panic Attack took about a week though- TOUGH!

I hate the way you play each song once in RB1 and GH games... when you get to the end and complete the boss song... game over...

Sure you can go back and keep playing them.. but it's only to improve score and stuff. I love how RB2 has a "career" mode which is more like an actual career.... Going to different cities and touring different gigs and stuff. Also.. There are new ones popping up there EVERY DAY if you connect online.

If you buy RB:ACDC, then you can import the songs to RB2 like the other ones... The actual game itself is kinda horrible and is a step back.... going from RB2 to a RB1 system is not good.

Yeah, and even at that it's a stripped down RB1, with no online functionality, which kinda tells you it's aimed at fans of the series... Which begs the question... Why DVD and not DLC?? :confused:

Yeah, and even at that it's a stripped down RB1, with no online functionality, which kinda tells you it's aimed at fans of the series... Which begs the question... Why DVD and not DLC?? :confused:

Because more money and a customised game only for AC/DC, which they may have demanded :/

But, it doesn't even have in game AC/DC skins/people/anything! It's essentially a track pack

But, it doesn't even have in game AC/DC skins/people/anything! It's essentially a track pack

The menu looks different.

and yes... it's essentially a track pack. Which is why I rate it lower than Guitar Hero: Aerosmith.

At least GH:A has Aerosmith characters, vids, skins, and a sort-of story to go with the game....

It sucks that RB:AC/DC costs the same in most places as RB2.... So not worth it... There is nothing new in the game at all.. only a few songs you can't get anywhere else at an elevated price.

And it wouldn't be too bad, even so, if AC/DC were a diverse group... But, and don't hurt me for this one, all the songs sound a bit samey!

And it wouldn't be too bad, even so, if AC/DC were a diverse group... But, and don't hurt me for this one, all the songs sound a bit samey!

I hate the songs... and I couldn't pass anything on expert guitar... which makes me feel like a failure...

I didn't think I'd hate it this much, but I'm afraid Harmonix buggered this one up :( Bad songs, good game I can handle, but bad songs, bad game... nope.

Oh Harmonix, why, why dirty your reputation so??

Meh... GH:80s wasn't the best either....

Not everything Harmonix makes is gold. I'm just glad that they seem to listen to their fans for the most part and actually try to improve their stuff based on fans opinions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

80's was great!

Meh... GH:80s wasn't the best either....

Not everything Harmonix makes is gold. I'm just glad that they seem to listen to their fans for the most part and actually try to improve their stuff based on fans opinions.

I briefly enjoyed GH 80s to be honest, it was a good selection of songs (that weren't already used on previous GH games at the time of release), but they were horrible cover versions and the game was too short.

But playing "Play With Me" was a lot of fun.

Play with me was a classic! As was Electric eye and "18 and life"

I enjoyed 80s a lot, but the amount of songs and lack of any addition to the game meant that it was kinda a track back.. nowhere near as disappointing as RB:ACDC

I enjoyed 80s a lot, but the amount of songs and lack of any addition to the game meant that it was kinda a track back.. nowhere near as disappointing as RB:ACDC

I saw the tracklist for ACDC, and as much as i liked them, they just weren't enough to warrant the hefty price tag.

Basically my feelings on ot. I mean, I'm an AC/DC fan, but not that much of a fan ¬_¬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭tommybrennan15

played this game a couple of times,it isnt bad,some of the songs were a bit of challenge
    you should buy if u like these types of games,

Advertisement