Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Tool for visualising DIV structure/behavior

Options
  • 18-12-2008 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any recommendations for good tools that help you deal with DIV's ?

I'm switching to using CSS frameworks to simplify things, but still find them a total headache to get just right.

I normally do everything in Notepad++, any tools of or online that can look
    at your code and present it's structure/behavior, where what is going on is more readily apparent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The Web Developer toolbar and Firebug extension for Firefox are must haves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭BenjAii

S.M.B. wrote: »
    The Web Developer toolbar and Firebug extension for Firefox are must haves.

Yep they are and I use them, what I was looking for was something akin to the "Information-Display Div Order" in the Developer toolbar, just with more info, possibly presented visually. Also if it could quickly present all the things that might be affecting a particular DIV with regard to alignments etc, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Firebug's inspect mode is very useful for that sort of thing.

Generally, I'd say web dev toolbar & firebug will deal with most things, maybe you just need to dig into them a little bit more.

Advertisement