Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT Calculator

Options
  • 18-12-2008 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Ok, I am looking at bringing in a 1.2 Skoda Fabia Sport, it will cost about 5750 euro from the dealer VRT calculator has it valued at 11 grand ! :eek: I can deal with this, if I have to pay the average 20% but according the calculator they don't know what the CO2 emissions are so they quoted the maximum 36% ! Will they change the rate when I actually go to pay the tax or will I start looking for another car ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

phone them and ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,249 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It seems to be only the Sport model that doesn't have the correct Co2 rating. Other 1.2 litre models such as Comfort or Classic fall into the 20% VRT band.

I would imagine the Sport is the same but ring them first to confirm. The Co2 rating is also listed on the UK V5 reg document so show them that and they should be going off of this if in doubt.

Advertisement