Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheques

Options
  • 18-12-2008 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

HI everyone..
    I hope somebody give me an answer for this matter. Thanks in advanced.:)
    I have this blog right it's kinda my personal blog, anyways I never thought that I managed to get paid by running this blog the only problems is..the cheques is not under my real name instead it's under my blog name I register under a bogus names to prevent identity theft, you know you never be careful enough to this kind of things in term of handling indentity in the internet. Hackers always find the way to srew you good. So here I just want to ask wheter can I go to the bank and said this is my cheques and hoping they believed me... or is there something else that I can do to be honest I don't really know how to contact the person that write me this cheques. Help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

martella wrote: »
    HI everyone..
    I have this blog right it's kinda my personal blog, anyways I never thought that I managed to get paid by running this blog the only problems is..the cheques is not under my real name instead it's under my blog name I register under a bogus names to prevent identity theft, you know you never be careful enough to this kind of things in term of handling indentity in the internet. Hackers always find the way to srew you good. So here I just want to ask wheter can I go to the bank and said this is my cheques and hoping they believed me... or is there something else that I can do to be honest I don't really know how to contact the person that write me this cheques. Help!

Afraid not. Unless the cheque says the words "or bearer" (highly unlikely) after the payee line, then the cheque can only be cashed by a person or legal entity of the same name. Either get the cheque reissued or change your legal name to your blog name:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

martella wrote: »
    HI everyone..

Register a "Trading name" with the CRO, then open account in that name, but expect problems. If you are known to your local branch, it could work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Does no one else think this just sounds dodgy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

I don't understand why OP can't contact the cheque issuer and let them know who to make cheques payable to. There must have been some kind of initial contract or agreement to terms for a cheque to issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Me neither. OP, paranoia about identity theft is one thing - but there is such a thing as going too far. Contact the cheque issuer and update your details with them, and get the cheques re-issued..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

It happens.

A friend of mine had a 3V account with an online pseudonym as the cardholder name. He applied for a refund (in the early days when you could only get a cheque issued) and it was issued to match the name on the card.

He asked for it to be re-issued with his real name and he was refused.

Advertisement