Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

going to the races

• 18-12-2008 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

have been invited to the races over christmas and was wondering does anyone know what would be a nice outfit...would like to a bit dressy!!!anyone seen anything nice that would be suitable?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭dontcallmecrazy

go to monsoon and get something warm, comfortable, and festive the races are one day where you do not want to be in agony beacuse of your shoes etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

Nice coat and comfortable boots cos its cold when you are outside(make sure the bag/scarf are nice). Fab dress underneath for when you go indoors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

I'd definitely go for something warm. I'd wear a nice coat, which can be 'dressed up' with nice (and practical!) accessories, such as scarf, gloves, and bag. I've worn shoes with a nice heel to the races, but they've been 'shoes' as opposed to sandals, which made life a bit easier, though at this point, as a seasoned racegoer, I'm probably immune to pain. However, if you're not used to standing on your feet all day long in heels, it's better to play safe and go for a pair of shoes with a lower heel, but are still comfortable. I found zarep pretty good for shoes suitable for races (ie , pretty, but relatively sensible!) :)

If you want to go for something dressy underneath for 'inside', dress, or smart trousers or a skirt and a nice top, again dressed up with accessories, such as nice necklace, bracelet, etc) works wonders.

Enjoy.... (and try not lose to much money on the gee-gees!!! ;))

Advertisement