Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game for Mother in Law !!!

Options
  • 18-12-2008 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

Hi, hope someone can advise me, I want to get a game for my mother in law for christmas.. I know very little about gaming.
    What I want is a fantasy~mystery~problem solving type game with not much fighting, more for the head than the fingers if that makes sense. Also not too difficult.
    My first preference is PSP, but we also have DS, PS 1,2,3, X box and Wii.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

If you could find it, Professor Layton and the Curious Village for the DS would be right up your alley. You also might want to look at Hotel Dusk for the DS. Most of the larger consoles such as Xbox, Playstation or Nintendo won't do those kind of games. Do you have a PC? you'll find far more games of that genre on that platform

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

yes pc is perfect, she just got a new laptop. thanks

ok well if she's into humour with the things you suggested i'd recommend:
    Discworld Series, Monkey Island series or maybe Day of the Tenticle

otherwise try the CSI games, there's a few Agatha Christie games based on her murder mystery novels and quite a few similar games out there.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

I will check these out, I should have added visually she is into more the fantasy Japanese style, if you can think of any more.
    Thanks for the help

The only other thing that comes to mind with that taken into account would be the Phoenix Wright series on the DS where you play a lawyer. Very addictive games.

If i come up with more, i'll post them up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Postal 2 :D

Could be the ideal xmas present, she may never speak to you again!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

phoenix wrights on the ds as posted above would tick all the boxes (bar psp)
    it's a japanese art style
    you play a lawyer solving a bunch of murder mystery's
    it's really excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Is Leisure Suit Larry available on any of those formats?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

www.popcap.com

She'll love the new laptop if ya do ;)

Try her on Bejeweled, Chuzzle, Peggle.

If she likes word puzzles then Bookworm or Bookworm Adventures are your best bet.

Advertisement