Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accessing the Huawei E220's internal memory.

• 18-12-2008 1:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭

Ok, the E220 has an internal memory in CDFS format. I'm using it with Mac OS X. I'd like to:
    1. Find out how big the internal memory is
    2. Reformat it as FAT32
    3. Put some fricken tiny Linux distro on instead

Possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mlo

Probably.

1. AFAIK it's 10mb

As for the other 2 questions I don't know the answer. It's certainly capable of being rewritten as I've put the Huawei, the voda the and the three Austria software onto it to see oif any of them work better than the three ireland version. (mobile partner seemed to work the best btw, but it might have been a purely pshycological difference)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Fat16 would be more efficent or even Floppy type format (FAT12?). You really only want Fat32 for > 2GByte drives. NTFS is best, but it has a 21Mbyte to 50Mbyte overhead, so not for small storage devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I only want it to run a basic bash terminal, for system failure help.. My /bin folder on OS X is 7.6M so it should fit..

Advertisement