Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

yesterday car driving on wrong side of roundabout

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,324 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Believe it or not, the offence of driving the wrong way around a roundabout only earns one penalty point! I knew a guy years ago who did it at night while drunk, crashed head-on into an oncoming car. The driver of that car was killed.

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Someone should buy that woman a givva givva garmin with lane assist too, they'e specially designed for dumb women with fake American accents..:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Berty wrote: »
    People are like sheep. If the two people in front of them do the wrong thing they will also do it.

I was driving along today with a bus lane to my left and to the end of it we must merge back into the left lane. One guy got into the bus lane early and so did around 10 vehicles behind him. Following the ROTR I continued until the bus lane ended and then proceeded to rejoin the left lane. I was not surprised but people actually thought I was jumping the queue and one guy tried to block me rejoining. (you know the way, kept jumping clutch and accelerator trying to hug the bumper in front of him).

Old people and roundabouts. Ah, there is no explanation. :rolleyes:

I came up to a roundabout before and the old guy in front decided to go round anti clockwise. I raced around the roundabout clockwise and was flashing the oncoming traffic. Needless to say people ignored me(but of course) and in the rear view mirrors I could see brakes lights light up all over the place.

If the bus lane was on your left and it was out of the bus lane hours then they were correct with the keep left rule. I've seen a cop shouting 'use the effing bus lane' on many an occasion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭seadog9

I know of a guy who went around a mini-roundabout the wrong way in his driving test. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

craichoe wrote: »
    If the bus lane was on your left and it was out of the bus lane hours then they were correct with the keep left rule. I've seen a cop shouting 'use the effing bus lane' on many an occasion :)
    True but there is nearly always a yield on the end of bus lanes where they merge back so the car in the right hand lane would have right of way at the merge point.

• Advertisement
Advertisement