Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero Metallica

Options
  • 18-12-2008 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

Ok so this has been confrimed for 2009, now I know absolutely nothing about these games apart from the fact that you bang out the tunes on a plastic guitar, are they any good? I would be interested in a metallica version of this game, anyone have any more details on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Some details came out during the week...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/first-gh-metallica-track-list-details

"Expert+" Drumming sounds very bloody difficult!
    The American magazine Game Informer has secured the first details on Guitar Hero: Metallica, the second in the series to feature a headline band after this year's Aerosmith game. You can find a precis at the Score Hero forum.

Once again, the track listing mixes Metallica's own work with a smattering of supporting metal acts. Foo Fighters, Queen, Slayer, Judas Priest, Mastodon and Samhain will back up a Metallica greatest-hits compilation including Enter Sandman, Master of Puppets and For Whom The Bell Tolls.

Naturally it supports the full Guitar Hero World Tour kit, with drums and vocals joining guitar and bass. You can also use Metallica- and Slayer-influenced sounds in the GHTunes recording studio.

There's a new Expert Plus drumming difficulty that supports two kick pedals, a freestyle drum fill mode, and a bunch of bonus content: trivia, photos, set lists and footage.

It's list time again! The songs confirmed so far are as follows:

* Enter Sandman - Metallica
    * For Whom The Bell Tolls - Metallica
    * Fuel - Metallica
    * Hit The Lights - Metallica
    * King Nothing - Metallica
    * Master of Puppets - Metallica
    * No Leaf Clover - Metallica
    * Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
    * Sad But True - Metallica
    * The Unforgiven - Metallica
    * Where I May Roam - Metallica
    * No Excuses - Alice in Chains
    * Turn The Page - Bob Seger
    * Hell Bent For Leather - Judas Priest
    * Demon Cleaner - Kyuss
    * Tuesdays Gone - Lynyrd Skynyrd
    * Blood and Thunder - Mastodon
    * Armed and Ready - Michael Schenker Group
    * Mother of Mercy - Samhain
    * Black River - The Sword

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Can't wait.Hate the new album so couldn't be bothered downloading the album pack, but love the old stuff.Be greatto bang out some slayer as well.Hopefully Rockband will beat them to the pip and put up some more metallica tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Rock Band already has...

"Ride the Lightning"
    "Blackened"
    "...And Justice for All"
    "Battery"
    "Enter Sandman"

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a second Metallica pack soon.. They are all evil on guitar and drums, so the GH version may challenge the elite players. Therefore everyone will call it the best game ever - but it will be the aerosmith version in a different coat :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

New trailer out...... Click

Really lookin forward to this. Looks sweet...:D

Whoa... full band?

I thought this was gonna be only Guitar...

I now think this is gonna be awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

there's loads of gh metallica customs made for wii around the net, they rock !

For Wii and PS2, you can make any custom songs you want.... www.scorehero.com and they'll explain all and give simfiles.

those are not half as good though... I have maybe 15 wii custom discs now and about 10 ps2 ones... I never play them cos they are boring. :/

a proper game will be far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I love custom discs,i have only one so far but I plan on making another one over the holidays.It's great for me because a lot of the official songs are too easy/boring for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Ohmigod!Ohmigod!Ohmigod! :eek: Going to be amazing!!

That's my 2009 Christmas present sorted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

No Sanitarium? No Way! No buy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

its out in the next 3 manths

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

news
    Remember that "first half of 2009" stuff? Well, we actually have a real date for you now for the all 'Tallica Guitar Hero game . . . March 29 in North America for Xbox 360 and Sony Playstation 3, with our friends outside of North America seeing the game in early May. Nintendo Wii and PS2 will follow later in the Spring, also most likely in early May.

In case you missed the December news story, Guitar Hero Metallica allows you to play as us in either single instrument or band career game modes in your choice of some famous settings or new venues with in the round staging. Included are 28 Metallica songs along with a few from some of our favs like Alice in Chains, the Foo Fighters, Slayer, Machine Head and Queen. There is also an all new Expert+ difficulty setting featuring two bass drum kick pedals (!!!) along with all the gameplay modes from Guitar Hero World Tour.

We've got some fun stuff planned leading up to release, and of course more details and previews of the game, so stay tuned! And if you would like to check out the trailer again, go here: http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601748
    www.metallica.com
    Source: www.metallica.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601837

Some belters there, I'll be picking this up. Pity my drum set is FUBAR >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Thought the song list was pretty good until I saw frantic.

Advertisement